Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

I can’t believe it’s been 4 years since I’ve been on this forum

Options
sazza
sazza Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
edited May 2022 in Coffee lounge
I know I am a reclusive person - much more online I’ve found out. The lock down(s) have been heaven for me as I haven’t had to deal with anybody that isn’t related to me.
Far from negatively affecting my mental health it has been a really nice break.
I have found hidden talents that I’d forgotten about, mainly digital art and poetry..well digital art because I wouldn’t be able to afford real life art supplies...
However, my sense of time is way off.
So
I can’t believe it’s been 4 years since I’ve been on this forum 

The life of a Mutant is always intense 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Were all different @sazza i enjoyed less people at work, at the shops and on the streets.
    Although i still worked i found i was more chilled in lock down, perhaps that was due to having no social life, i don't know.
    Do you still have a look on the site to see what we are talking about.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely to see you posting @sazza, great to have you aboard :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • sazza
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Were all different @sazza i enjoyed less people at work, at the shops and on the streets.
    Although i still worked i found i was more chilled in lock down, perhaps that was due to having no social life, i don't know.
    Do you still have a look on the site to see what we are talking about.
    @SueHeath embarrassingly not my hermit like behaviour applied to the internet as well. I said goodbye to all my social media, it lifted a great weight from my heart and soul. 
    ....I haven’t found a reply button so I’ve quoted you instead.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nice to see you although don’t think we have met as I’ve been here about 3 years :D 

I can’t think of anything better for your online mental health than ditching antisocial media. Horrible horrible stuff. Well done for doing that.

I personally enjoyed the lockdown too for various reasons…quieter shops, no traffic on the roads, everything was cleaner (I have OCD), people kept their distance…etc…

Are you able to share any of your art or would you rather keep it to yourself :)
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    PS if you just want to reply you should scroll to the bottom of the page and there should just be a box to type in.
  • sazza
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Nice to see you although don’t think we have met as I’ve been here about 3 years :D 

I can’t think of anything better for your online mental health than ditching antisocial media. Horrible horrible stuff. Well done for doing that.

I personally enjoyed the lockdown too for various reasons…quieter shops, no traffic on the roads, everything was cleaner (I have OCD), people kept their distance…etc…

Are you able to share any of your art or would you rather keep it to yourself :)
    I would love to post some of my art but I am having so much trouble using this site. I can’t seem to reply in a thread - I know it’s ‘operator error’ can some kind soul point me in the direction of a ‘how to’ ?
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    There’s not a “how to” that I know of unfortunately, hopefully someone else will prove me wrong.

However if you scroll down on the page you should see this box to type a reply in. Also if you hit the button I pointed the arrow at you should be able to attach a picture.

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    sazza said:
    I would love to post some of my art but I am having so much trouble using this site. I can’t seem to reply in a thread - I know it’s ‘operator error’ can some kind soul point me in the direction of a ‘how to’ ?
    A how to guide of sorts is something we really want to have on the community at some point, with articles and videos detailing how to do common actions. In the meantime though I hope the fantastic responses from members on this thread have been helpful in explaining a couple of the features :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • sazza
    Options
    Thank you all for your help using the site….. 
    I have attached some digital art - at the moment I’m taking photos and manipulating them to show hidden details  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Brilliant stuff @sazza :) 

• sazza
    Options
    Thank you @Teddybear12
  • 66Mustang
    Options
  • sazza
    Options
    Thank you everyone 😊
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just see some of your others on the kaleidoscope - very good 
  • sazza
    Options
    Thank you @SueHeath I can get lost in it from start to finish and I can do it all on my phone without special equipment 😎
  • sazza
    Options
    I’m going to pat myself on the back for engaging with the forum for a few days.
    I am now returning to my hidey hole until next time.
    Thank you all, hopefully it won’t be so long until I’m back.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Take care @sazza, hope to see you around here again soon :) 

• 66Mustang
    Options
    I hope to see you soon and I hope your short visit showed that people online are not all bad and you can come here whenever you need to for advice etc :)
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.