PIP new application — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP new application

Options
boxer123
boxer123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
So I submitted form UC50 on 27/4 and then submitted the PIP application online on 6/5, afterwards I just felt completely relieved to finally get them finished and sent off. Now I suppose it’s just waiting to hear something from either department…. It’s difficult to imagine having to wait 10 months or so for a decision 

Comments

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @boxer123
    As you have probably gathered from some of the posts on our online site you can have a long wait for  either a PIP assessment or a work capability assessment.  This period can be very anxious and many of our members on the online community have been in a similar situation as yours and will be happy to give help and support.  Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • boxer123
    Options
    @Teddybear12 thanks for your reply, I aren’t eligible to claim contribution based ESA as not having worked for 3 years with my health issues I’ve not paid enough NI. So was advised by benefits to claim Universal Credit, however I was sent ESA50 which I completed and submitted. I’m now aware of form UC50 but was told they’re basically the same form so I hope it gets passed to the UC team?? 
  • boxer123
    Options

@Sue_Scope thank you for your message, yes it’s all very stressful and I am trying to control the anxiety but it’s hard isn’t it and I overthink and get overwhelmed with it. I am trying to get on with things and not dwell on it all too much. I find this forum so helpful already thank you
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to our great group @boxer123 come and join us in the coffee lounge if you want i find it a great distraction and good way of meeting some of the other members - i would avoid the numbers game tho ha ha 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.