If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Recommendation for footwear?

Options
AndyGT
AndyGT Community member Posts: 782 Empowering
edited May 2022 in Coffee lounge
I am sorry to bother ytou all but I want to ask for any recommendation regarding footwear.   I know this may seem a little trivial in the great scheme of things, but it would help as my feet swell and walking is made even more painful and difficult m.  I have recently had a short holiday for the first time in a number of years  Whilst packing, it became apparent that I did not have any sandals or beach type footwear that fitted comfortably.   I looked for some locally, but alas there was none.  I.looked on line and could not find what I wanted.  I sometimes suffer with swollen feet so need wide fitting shoes etc.  I can't be the only oerson like this and was wondering if anyone could let me know of any sandals or some such that I could purchase. 

A recommendation for something like this is always better.

As I said at the start I am sorry to have bothered you as everyone seems to be busy these days.

Thanks.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,195 Championing
    Options
    Hi @AndyGT - I wonder if velcro fastening sandals might work for you? Good to hear from you; I hope you are keeping well.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    Hello there @AndyGT thanks for your query :) It's no bother at all, finding comfortable footwear is really important!

I'm sure they make 'wide fit' shoes and sandals in a few different places, perhaps those might be worth looking into as well as Velcro sandals. I've heard Shuropody offer quite a good range in terms of sizes/fit and levels of comfort.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    Hi @AndyGT i suffer the same - i used to go for "Hotter" shoes/sandals and boots but they are expensive.
    A Shuropody shop opened up in our local town before Christmas i have tried a pair of shoes and they are very good and a lot cheaper then Hotters
  • AndyGT
    Options
    Hello Sue.
      Thanks for the recommendation I'll have a look.
    Andrew
    Ps sorry it is so late  
  • AndyGT
    Options
    Thanks Alex.  Itis always nice to get a recommendation.   I will definitely have a look.  I need a couple of days.  So it will be nice to get some comfy footwear.
    .A
  • AndyGT
    Options
    Hello  Charles. A pleasure to hear from you.  I hope all is good with you.  I am surecI shall get something that is suitable.  As to keeping well,  it has not been easy of late for several reasons   infsct I would say that it has been a struggle.  Anyway I won't bore you with it.  Anyway,take care. A
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    Morning @AndyGT good luck with your venture for new shoes.

If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.