Random question - swearing

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,987 Championing
Really random question. :D

How often do you swear out loud?

Someone mentioned to me today that they’ve never heard me swear. Thinking about it I don’t think I ever do out loud but I do swear a little bit in my head. I’ll also use minor swear words when writing but rarely if ever use words that would trigger a censor.

I know people in real life who swear in every sentence so I’m guessing we will get a diverse selection of answers from both extremes and everything in the middle!!!

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    I don't swear often when i do people say it doesn't suit me - my husband swears like a trooper especially when he is driving x
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Teddybear12 that’s a funny thing to swear about!! At least she apologised!

@SueHeath I know what you mean about it not suiting certain people, I think I would take that as a compliment if someone said that to me. ha ha I know what you mean about the driving. I have a relative who always swears at other drivers.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,022 Championing
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    I don't swear often when i do people say it doesn't suit me 
    I have that too!! I always thought it a weird thing to say because who suits swearing? I think it's maybe because I'm quiet a lot of the time and softly spoken so it sounds weird when I Swear. I'd love to say I didn't swear at all but that would be a lie, it was part of everyone's every day language where I grew up. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,945 Championing
    Options
    I don't swear often to be honest, I wouldn't use it in talking to a stranger, it's mainly if I get really angry, that's not very often either
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    I don't swear much usually when I'm angry 

I don't like certain words and won't ever say them 

I feel uncomfortable when people swear all the time and feel nervous if it's confrontational 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Trailblazing
    Options
    I spent 20 years in the Royal Navy on all-male ships (Wrens started going to sea when I was on my last frigate in the Navy), so have spent many hours around bad language.  If I`m in an all male crowd, and so long as there are no females are around (I never swear in front of women - unless "passion" is involved and it`s a mutual thing), I tend to swear with the best of them - primarily to emphasise something.
    However..... I live alone, so if something comes on the news that really frustrates me, or I hurt myself (accidentally, not intentionally) or I`m cooking something that doesn`t turn out as I wanted it to, I usually say something that ends in "sake".
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,139 Championing
    Options
    I don't use a lot of bad language, sm never swore until she had been running her shop and the customers drove her to bad language.

2024 Election won

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Championing
    Options
    In my head when I’m mad. Rare out in the open but usually in a joking way. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    Some of these comments have made me laugh - thank you ha ha 
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 748 Empowering
    Options
    @Cartini, I used to work with the Royal Navy as a Civil Servant. Learnt a lot of new language with them!
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Me too @SueHeath hehe
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,498 Championing
    Options
          My children learnt a few choice swear words when they didn't pick up all their Lego   ;)
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,932 Championing
    Options
    I don't really swear, my wife and kids would laugh if i ever did swear as it was unlike me, no particular reason, some good replies in this thread