Poem called child born in war-torn countries — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Poem called child born in war-torn countries

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger

An incentive is children are born in war-torn Ukraine

The fantastic pain edged their parents' faces.

This leaves sour tastes in our mouths as we watch on at the terrifying pictures.

A mixture of sadness filled our eyes

I hope wise heads prevail over the leaders of Russia and Ukraine.

We again join hands and lend the hand of friendship to people from  Ukraine.

Who remains so positive through difficult times.

Through enemy lines.

This shows acts of kindness from people who live in the United Kindom and have opened their hearts and homes to Ukraine families who have brought them to safety as they begin their new lives in the United Kingdom. 

I hope with the help Ukraine can rise again from their knees and instead of tears of sadness in their eyes into beautiful smiles of happiness again for Ukraine people again 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for sharing your poem with us. Your writing is beautiful as always. I can really hear your empathy too. It speaks a message of hope  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • tonty3324
    tonty3324 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    beautiful poem, thank you. Please have a listen to my amateur song about the plight of child soldiers :-1:

https://youtu.be/cQhZBJcYshM
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for posting that @tonty3324! Did you record the music yourself too? It's really good :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • tonty3324
    Options
    thank you, it is a collaboration with my friend and carer Paul Tasker.
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    Lovely, heartfelt poem. We have a Ukrainian couple staying with us, we just wanted to do something to help. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're both very talented @tonty3324 :) 

Wow, well done @Karen7788! How have you been finding it? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    @Tori_Scope, they’ve been with us for two months, it’s been a positive experience mostly, but obviously they have worries about home. I know it’s early days yet but I think we’ll remain friends long after the conflict is over. 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @tonty3324
    A wonderful song written by you and your friend well done  :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• tonty3324
    Options
    thank you all for your kind comments 😀
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @tonty3324. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Options

Evening to the scope online community 

I added a few new lines to my poem and I will look forward to reading your comments on my poem 

An  unconscious and undeveloped child minds born in war-torn country of Ukraine

The fantastic pain edged their parents' faces.

This leaves sour tastes in our mouths as we watch on at the terrifying pictures.

A mixture of sadness filled our eyes

I hope wise heads prevail over the leaders of Russia and Ukraine.

We again join hands and lend the hand of friendship to people from  Ukraine.

Who remains so positive through difficult times.

Through enemy lines.

This shows acts of kindness from people who live in the United Kindom and have opened their hearts and homes to Ukraine families who have brought them to safety as they begin their new lives in the United Kingdom. 

I hope with the help Ukraine can rise again from their knees to their feet and instead of tears of sadness in their eyes into beautiful smiles of happiness once again Ukraine people who are amazing people who have amazing courage and determination to keep rising in difficult times as thousands of different emotions run through their minds their still able to show acts of kindness and love and compassion on this difficult time for the country of Ukrainian and glorious people and beyond words can not express how deeply they are beautiful people who are showing their acts of kindness towards their own country men and women and children and the elderly people too. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.