Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Undiagnosed pain all round beneath ribs

c3k Community member Posts: 3 Listener
It started 11 weeks ago, I woke one morning and I could taste what is like wound in my breath. I can feel it also, it's like my breath is more dense and my it's leaving a taste of blood in my mouth and my mouth is in return producing more saliva than usual. 2 weeks later, with no improvement and after being tested for h.pylori and treated for oral candida, I started to feel a pain just to the right of and just under my sternum. Doctor sent me to A&E for ECG and chest x-ray...all clear. Since then the pain in my chest has spread and I am having increasing pains all round my ribs. No pain in my ribs but underneath. Pains in the sides of my ribs, pains up near shoulders at front but more prevalent the pains in my back, either side of my spine or up between my spine and shoulder blades. The pains come and go but every day they stay for longer and now are starting in areas that are pressing against things like pillows or cushions when I'm sitting or lying. I have had 2 chest x-rays, 2 lower abdomen CT scans(1 with contrast) and 1 chest or thorax CT with contrast. I have also had 3 different blood tests(extensive) at 3 different clinics and do not have any difficulties breathing. Doing my own research over the last few months and after chest CT ruling out lung cancer I am leaning towards the best way of describing the pain as pleurisy. I have been told however there is no sign of anything in the pleuris but it feels like it's in the lining of my lungs. So, constant pain under ribs, constant heavy wound-like breath and blood taste in mouth. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.


  • c3k
    c3k Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited June 2022
    I'm lost. The doctors are telling me they can see nothing wrong but I feel incredibly ill and it's severely abnormal. Can't people give suggestions rather than medical advice? 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,714 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @c3k welcome to the forum. Sorry to read that you have all this discomfort and no answers with tests that you have had.  I would suggest going back to the gp and see what else they can offer, as in further  tests or some solutions. I hope you get it resolved soon. 
    If you want to join in with the topics on the site, lots of different conversations, look in coffee lounge under categories.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    If it was me then i'd see a different GP for a second opinion. Unfortunately, we can't give medical advice. I hope you get some answers soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • c3k
    c3k Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Dear @c3k,
    Thank you for this post. I am genuinely sorry to hear about the pain you are suffering with. 

    I acknowledge it must be difficult to live with pain everyday, and this will affect the quality of your life. On a personal note, I would suggest you ask your GP Doctor to refer you to a Pain Management Program at a Hospital. Also, requesting a Medication Review might be worthwhile, if you feel you need pain relief.

    You may like to have a look these links:

    Just to add, have you thought of applying for any Welfare Benefits, such as PIP, which could provide you with some financial support for your disability. Another route you have the choice of taking would be going to a Private Doctor, if you are unhappy with the treatment you are receiving, and can afford this.

    A few other links:

    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.