Hi, my name is vicky90! My son's claim is going from DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is vicky90! My son's claim is going from DLA to PIP

Options
vicky90
vicky90 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 👋 looking for some help/advice in regards to my sons benefits with him turning 16 in March just gone hes been diagnosed with adhd ten years ago now also said traits of autism over the years we have tried many medicines etc attended camhs hes always attended a non mainstream school and he has  special educational needs plan /ehcp but since becoming a teenager its basically been impossible for me to get him to have any medicines or attend camhs just about managing to get him to attend school so now his claims going from DLA to PIP they have sent me a form and its asking me to send any information/evidence to support the claim so I'm now stuck on how to go about this if anyone can give me some advice it would be appreciated 
Tagged:

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @vicky90 welcome to our great group.
    I am sorry i can not help you with your problem but i am sure some of our other members will be able to when they wake up ha ha.
    In the mean time you might like to take a look around the site, i know under categories you will find lots of chats/threads to do with children and autism.
    Any other problems or questions please ask.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @vicky90
    I'm sure a couple of other members will advise you shortly. In the meantime why don't you take a look around the forum such as the coffee lounge and join in the discussions.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Vicky90 and welcome to the community :) 

Thanks for making your first post and telling us a bit about your situation. Evidence, such as medical evidence from a GP or other professional, isn't always necessary when putting together a PIP claim. There is no harm in having it there, but if the information you can provide about how his conditions impact him demonstrates why he meets the descriptors that apply to him then that anecdotal evidence can be enough. You can see a full list of the PIP table of activities here, hopefully they can be helpful for you.

You mentioned that since becoming a teenager it has become much more difficult for him to access the support that is there for him, and I imagine that it is concerning for you as a parent. Is there any particular reason why he isn't engaging with CAMHS or any of his medication? 

Scope have some family services that you can read about here, in case any of them are of interest :)  

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • vicky90
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and the information you have provided i appreciate it and will have a look  around the pages 
  • vicky90
    Options
    And he is not happy with the side effects of the medication he loses appetite loses interest in most things and becomes very isolated and withdrawn and we have tried several different ones and no luck so we just take one day at a time without medication its a struggle though for him mire than anyone else and he didn't feel the appointments that he was attending was beneficial whats so ever thinks its just a waste of time so refuses to go 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately @vicky90 your son is probably going through hormone change as well - i hope you find the help and support you need.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.