Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Suprise trip out.

Options
Brenda1946
Brenda1946 Scope Member Posts: 58 Courageous
Yesterday after going to my knitting club my husband picked me up as usual and informed me that after we had dropped my friends off we were going to my sons. My son & partner wanted to take us on a trip to Talacere Beach near Rhyl for the afternoon. We had a great day plus the weather stayed fine.  I was worried how we would cope as i had only travelled locally  in yhe 8 yrs since my stroke expect for going to S. Ireland to visit my other son, wife plus grandchildren. They had worked everything out taking my walker plus stick, & chair for me to sit on.  It was great to sit on the beach 6.30pm watching them play football plus try to fly a kite.  We even managed with my walker to go into pub for a meal.  Finally arrived home 9.15. tired but enjoyed the afternoon.

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.