Is there any benefit my daughter can claim for her son? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there any benefit my daughter can claim for her son?

Options
supagaz
supagaz Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2022 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hello everyone I have just signed up to the community, can anyone answer my question please. It is on behalf of my daughter who has a 13 year old son who suffers from autism, he is waiting for a meeting with CAM's. Is there any benefit my daughter can claim for her son, she is having a nightmare with him he will not go out or eat much food any advice would be appreciated thanks. Garry 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It would (possibly) be Disability Living Allowance.
    Disability Living Allowance for children - Citizens Advice
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @supagaz thanks for joining and for your query, to help our members find your post I've edited the title slightly and moved it over into our Autism and Neurodiversity category.

It's positive to hear that your daughter has been able to contact Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), I'm sure they can also help advise on the benefits support that may be available, as well as help with other support and care in managing his autism day to day. 

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has been struggling to engage her son with going out or with eating much. This could be down to a number of factors, like increased stress, burnout, or over stimulation. Has she been in touch with her son's GP about this at all? And could I ask how old he is?

Scope has plenty of information on benefits and entitlements for disabled children and your daughter might also like to have a look at Turn2Us's benefits calculator to see what she can claim.

Let us know if anything isn't clear, or if you have any other questions, and keep us updated with how things go.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • supagaz
    Options
    Thanks Alex your comments are a great help we did take our Grandson to the Doctors yesterday, the Doctor says he is too young for any medication but he will push CAMHS to contact us. As you say Alex I am sure they will be able to help us in whatever direction he needs thanks again.

Kind Regards
    Garry
  • supagaz
    Options
    Thankyou Calcotti that is a great help.

Kind Regards
    Garry

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.