If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How will the £400 payment work

Options
hjford
hjford Community member Posts: 29 Listener
hi all
i have read that there will be a £650 payment going out to households in receipt of certain benefits but how does the £400 energy payment work if you are on a prepaid meter?
I have a smart meter so I don’t know how the £400 will be taken off as I don’t pay a bill, I top up as and when needed.
anyone know? I can’t find anything online about it

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,812 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    from Google;

The discount will be made automatically by your energy supplier. There is no need to apply. Over the course of six months from October, direct debit and credit customers will have the money credited to their account. Customers with pre-payment meters will have the money applied to their meter or paid via a voucher.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you have a pre payment meter it will either be applied to your meter or you will receive a voucher. It will be paid over a period of 6 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hjford
    Options
    Thank you 😊 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi hjford,

I`ve seen this in a number of places, but could only find this line in an online newspaper:

"Customers with pre-payment meters will see the money applied to their meter, otherwise they'll get a voucher."

Andy

• hjford
    Options
    Thank you so much Andy. It’s been confusing online with lots written, it was abit overwhelming where to look 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cartini said:
    I`ve seen this in a number of places, but could only find this line in an online newspaper:
    See
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cost-of-living-support/cost-of-living-support-factsheet-26-may-2022
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.