Hi, my name is kazzamoon! Is it normal for them to use texts to confirm award? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kazzamoon! Is it normal for them to use texts to confirm award?

Options
kazzamoon
kazzamoon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i applied for PIP in Jan 22 ihad my telephone assessment in April and the day after received a text from DWP saying they had received my report and it could take up to eight weeks for a decision . Today 10 june recieved a text to say i have been awarded PiP and a letter has been sent and will recieve within two weeks with details is it normal for them to use texts to confirm award?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

In the past week it seems like they're now sending texts if you've been awarded as we've had quite a few members here that have received the same text. So yes, it's a new normal.
    Any money owed is usually received into your bank before you receive the decisions letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wonder if it's to try and stop as many peopl calling for updates it's a good move. 
    Happy you have been awarded @kazzamoon!! <3
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations on your outcome @kazzamoon :) Are you feeling a bit more relaxed now you know you have an award? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • kazzamoon
    kazzamoon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Tori, i have been so anxious the whole 6 months so yes i am relieved that i got an award and i can now relax and get on with my life . Just to say good luck to everyone going through this process because it is a very intense experience and i cant imagine what it must be like to be turned down because it looks like a hard fight to win ! This group is needed by many so well done for allowing people to support each other! Well done 👏
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great to hear @kazzamoon :) I hope that you'll stick around on the community to support and chat to others! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.