Notifying of holiday on PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Notifying of holiday on PIP

Options
rosieposey
rosieposey Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I’ve read on the government website that one must notify DWP of their holidays when claiming PIP.

Trying to get a hold of them now to do this but the lines are busy.

Is it the case that you must notify them no matter how short your trip abroad is? Even if under a month or so? 

Seems unreasonable to force every claimant to call and clog up the phone lines like this.

Any advice appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't think that's true I think its only if it's going to be longer than a certain amount of time. Going on holiday doesn't affect pip unless you'll be outo f the country for extended time.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't need to inform pip if you go on holiday for a short period 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rosieposey :) 

The Citizens Advice website says the following:
    The DWP will usually stop your PIP if you leave Great Britain for more than 13 weeks - or 26 weeks if you leave to get medical treatment. Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland.

It's worth telling the DWP if you're going abroad for less than 13 weeks, in case they try to contact you while you're away.
    So it looks like you don't have to tell them if you're going away for less than 13 weeks, but that it can be a good idea if you're worried they may try to contact you while you're away. 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • rosieposey
    rosieposey Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi @rosieposey :) 

The Citizens Advice website says the following:
    The DWP will usually stop your PIP if you leave Great Britain for more than 13 weeks - or 26 weeks if you leave to get medical treatment. Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland.

It's worth telling the DWP if you're going abroad for less than 13 weeks, in case they try to contact you while you're away.
    So it looks like you don't have to tell them if you're going away for less than 13 weeks, but that it can be a good idea if you're worried they may try to contact you while you're away. 

Thank you, I shall save time on the phone call waits then. ☺️
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really positive @rosieposey. I hope you have a great time away  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.