compliance call — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

compliance call

Options
jascof
jascof Community member Posts: 55 Connected
hi recieved a letter 2 weeks ago,and i called 9 days ago asking for a morning call due to pain,fatigue,meds etc i am worse as the day goes on,this is a long term condition from age 14 i am now 52,gut calls me today at 4pm he asked why i wanted a morning call then before i answered (i am pretty zoned out from pain,tramadol,chronic pain)he replied well you seem fine to me as everyone else i speak to on strong meds literally cant speak and slur their words,,,,i told him i am in bed and dealing with my condition and who on earth does he think he is making such a assumption about all people in the same way,he said he has been asked to refer my esa claim due to a phone call adn he has been in the job 30 years,i am on long term sick,high care,mobility etc,i have a manager calling tomorrow as i said i think he or the department are very ignorant and i feel quite disgusted and insulted that someone that has never spoke to me before can even make this assumption about someone ,anyone had similar or give advice to why this is 

Comments

• life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    He sounded like he got out the wrong side of the bed 😂 report him seems the right thing to do. Keep your head up not everyones like that
  • jascof
    Options
    my self and partner(she lives with her son )i am in sheltered bungalow  lost her 20 yr old son 5 mnths ago so we literally dont need it ,but have both been reported for living together,renting her apartment,then i had a random name reported for living with me etc etc etc,,,she works nhs and lives with son,i live alone,have friends/carers etc   its nothing we need now ,but to have a proffesional with that attitude is just insane 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jascof, sorry to hear about what has happened to you, given that you have had a lot on lately it certainly is something you could have done without I imagine.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • jascof
    Options
    just have to wait for tuesday now for this professional to give his opinon on my last 38 yrs and counting,i thought the days of judging before facts were gone especially from the DWP,my doc,pip,medicals,pain clinic etc know less than this chap ??? 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    I`m not a "mind" person, but I do know that the context of a situation can be distorted because of the state of mind at that time.  I`m not sticking up for the DWP in anyway whatsoever, but is there a chance that your chronic pain and medication may have had in influence on how you perceived the caller?  I know when I`m tired and / or in pain and dosed up, I`m incredibly impatient and short tempered, so much so that I misunderstand, or completely ignore, people talking to me.
  • jascof
    Options
    Cartini said:
    I`m not a "mind" person, but I do know that the context of a situation can be distorted because of the state of mind at that time.  I`m not sticking up for the DWP in anyway whatsoever, but is there a chance that your chronic pain and medication may have had in influence on how you perceived the caller?  I know when I`m tired and / or in pain and dosed up, I`m incredibly impatient and short tempered, so much so that I misunderstand, or completely ignore, people talking to me.
    guess just sick of all the years having to prove constantly even though you have medical,hospital,meds etc backing everything up :(,,,have severe depression/anxiety from the years of illness etc ,like i say its something not needed at mo   and the old you look fine you are fine 
  • jascof
    Options
    was more the fact he told me i was fine because not slobbering and slurring i took offence,my tramadol etc keeps pain managable and because of many years on it i am not knoced out like friends that maybe take 1 or 2 for mild pain etc,just feel it was a little insulting and ignorant 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really tough @jascof. I just want you to know that we hear you and are here for you.

It has been a little while since you last posted on this thread now. How are you currently doing?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • jascof
    Options
    That sounds really tough @jascof. I just want you to know that we hear you and are here for you.

It has been a little while since you last posted on this thread now. How are you currently doing?  :)
    hey all good thankyou,was a random call (know who from,a toxic neighbour)saying i was running a car mechanic business from my bungalow ,lady from compliance was awesome though so all sorted,thanks all 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad it's sorted @jascof not something you needed, but it's thankfully in the past now :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jascof
    Options
    Glad it's sorted @jascof not something you needed, but it's thankfully in the past now :) 
    thankyou :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.