MR declined next steps — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR declined next steps

Options
asg23
asg23 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
Hi I just wanted some  advice
so I followed steps to get a report done for the MR came back the same instead they have put some things down which I am confused as I believe I wrote how each activity is affected and how I meed support but yet  not a single point was changed
i feel really anxious moving to the next stage and feel i will be interrogated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s not unusual for the MR decision to stay the same. The success rate is only about 36%.
    Your next step is to request the Tribunal. Once this is done I’d advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you. If you can get representation then even better. Start here https://advicelocal.uk/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • asg23
    Options
    Thank you just wsnted to know from other experiences is it common to get those type of responses 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    asg23 said:
    Thank you just wsnted to know from other experiences is it common to get those type of responses 
    Yes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It’s very common for the MR decision to be a copy and paste of the original decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • asg23
    Options
    Thank you it was actually very different this was the response 
    And i feel it is not subject to my everyday I really do not understand what more I could have stated in the MR and to get this response 
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The only thing i can see that's completely wrong here is that "needing assistance" a person does not need to be present to require this. Someone that lives alone may need assistance but not receive that because they live alone.
    PIP is about the "help" you need and not the help you receive.
    Other than that the decision has basically gone through the PIP criteria.
    Can't really comment any further than that because i have no idea how your conditions affect you. PLease use the link i posted above to get some expert advice.
  • asg23
    Options
    Thank you Poppy and yes that is what was confusing me and interms of the pip d. You are correct however I definitely provided an example for each one and how it affected me  basically followed advice from the forum and citizen advice but it just contradicted what I dis I guess I have ti just keep trying 
    thank you 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @asg23. Are you less confused now? I am hoping we can reduce your confusion. Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • asg23
    Options
    I rang the C A so hopefully we will proceed to tribunal 
    I guess my confusion is how they base their marks when I used it for the MR but I can read that there is a small chance decisions are overturned at that point
    thank you for your help I just hope it goes better at tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The most likely outcome of the MR is the decision remains the same. The current stats of MR's is 36% of decisions change but that figure is falling.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.