PIP Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

Sahara
Sahara Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone

I have just been awarded the lower rate for Daily Living and nothing for Mobility. I completely disagree with the decision, however I am wondering whether it’s worth asking for a mandatory reconsideration? I was intending on doing this but I’m now apprehensive after reading that a reconsideration may result in you getting a lower rate or nothing at all!! 

How likely is this to happen and on what grounds can they change from giving you a low rat to nothing at all following reconsideration?

Many thanks for your help. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The success rate of MRs is down to 36% and falling. 
    Which is disappointing. I had hoped that the improvement in success rates at MR indicated that DWP were taking them more seriously but for whatever reason we seem to be shifting back to simply repeating the proviso decision.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If they can give a higher award after mr then it makes sense they could also make lower award tho as above most stay unchanged 

The claim is looked at again by another decision maker so they may come to a diffrtent outcome 

If you don't try you won't get and you have to do this first if you want to take it to tribunal where the success rate is a lot higher 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Username_removed said:..MRs will be killed. They are not fit for purpose, unless you accept the purpose as being deflecting people from appealing, and DWP are actively putting resources into decision making and lapsing appeals. MR is being left out. That’s rarely a coincidence.
    That would be good provided they continue to properly review cases leading up to tribunal. Of course much better all round if they put more resource into making the initial decision (including proper information gathering if necessary).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.