0 points on PIP despite broken foot, severe arthritis, severe depression — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

0 points on PIP despite broken foot, severe arthritis, severe depression

Mark1984
Mark1984 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Ive just been notified that I have got ) points on PIP despite having a broken foot and severe arthritis plus a diagnosis from a psychiatrist as to being severeley clinicaly depressed due to this foot issue ,even more depressed now . what should I do is it worth appealing ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Do you mean you didn’t score any points and have been refused?
    If so then your first step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    Please be aware that PIP isn’t about a diagnosis. It’s how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. 
    There’s lots of threads on the same subject over in the PIP section.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there @Mark1984 thanks for reaching out, I hope the community can be a welcoming and supportive place for you.

If you'd like to challenge a decision on your PIP, Turn2Us explains your options. You might also like to search for a professional adviser to discuss whether it's worth appealing, Advice Local is a great place to start.

If you'd like someone to talk everything through with you, I'd encourage you to call the Scope Helpline if you'd prefer talking to someone :)

I'm sorry to hear about the impact this has had with your depression, do you feel like your getting enough support at the moment with your mental health?

I'd encourage you to speak with your GP about how you're feeling, and you can always reach out to loved ones or find help on Mind with guidance on depression and self-care.

Please do let us know if there's anything further we can do to help.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I know you have other conditions but don't know if the broken foot would be applicable as to gey pip the condition has to have been present for 3 months and likely to last for a further 9 months to be eligible 

They would probably consider a broken bone likely to heal in that time 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.