Hi, my name is scotty1! Vitamin D and costochondritis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is scotty1! Vitamin D and costochondritis

Options
scotty1
scotty1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Ive suffered from costochondritis for 5 years and suffered pain and burning for 9 months in a row with 3 months a year without and pain or burning. i read a story online where 2 australians where found to have low levels of viamin D, and after being on a doze of vitamin D for 6 months their costochondritis had eased, so i set about buying some Vitamin D in  multivitamin form and used bio freeze at the same time, and to my amazement i have now been pain free and burning free for 2 years now. I do hope others will try this out in the hope of finding relief from this nightmare.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community @scotty1
    Im glad you found respite from a very painful condition. I’ve made a mental note of it.
    all the best. 🙂

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @scotty1 and welcome to the community :) How are you today?

I'm pleased to read about the positive impact of vitamin D on your condition, thanks for sharing this with us :)

It's important to remember though that anyone should always consult with their GP when looking into treatments or supplements that are new to them, as all bodies are different, and react in different ways. As we aren't professionals we can't give medical advice, so if in doubt, always consult a your doctor. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.