Who do we contact to enable my grandson's Nana to come with us on a trip? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who do we contact to enable my grandson's Nana to come with us on a trip?

Options
GandadKinship
GandadKinship Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hi all,

Ok, where to beging, we are kinship Cares to our beautifull grandson. But, his other Nana (maternal) is in a care home due to physical health issues.

I have given her information regarding Age UK and Scope website.

Too much going on in her life, but, would like to go with me and our grandson to visit a place together. Now I have already booked for me and our grandson.

But, who does she / I contact to arrange help (PA) to enable her to come with us i.e. accommodation, travel and things I haven't even thought of.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    First thing you or she should do is speak to the care home to see what they suggest. Having some experience with PA's i'm not aware of any funding to take a PA on trips with you. My daughter always had to pay for the PA to go with her from her own money. The wages for the PA were covered through my daughters personal budget because after a needs assessment it was decided she qualified for 8 hours of support per week. Although with such low amount of support she never went for holidays it was always day trips.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.