Hotel stays- the good, the bad & the ugly — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hotel stays- the good, the bad & the ugly

Options
Alex_Alumni
Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
Name something good, bad or ugly about a hotel stay you've had in the past.  

For example, bad:

Recently I stayed in a hotel where the bathroom door had warped out of shape so much that it no longer fit in the frame, and couldn't actually close!
Online Community Coordinator
Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,157 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hit and miss with hotels, bad....stayed in one in London, top floor and no lift, about 4 flights of steep  stairs up and like a cupboard. 
    Good ..also London, really nice, lifts and spacious.  Not had any ugly ones.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I did post about my latest hotel stay was upgraded from disabled room to executive suite without consulting us only to find the wheelchair wouldn't even fit through bathroom door so eventually got a disabled room we had booked 

Some Premier Inn disabled rooms the bed is really low making it hard to transfer into wheelchair 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,952 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I stayed in a hotel in Budapest, Hungary where the top quarter or so of the bathroom was just see-through glass and you could see in from the bedroom. I assumed it was meant to be romantic for couples in some way but I did think it would be a bit weird to see your partner showering or just about to sit down for a poo.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    2 family members of mine once stayed in a small hotel in London. The owners let themselves into the locked room early in the morning, while my family members were asleep, to announce that breakfast was being served. Not my idea of a relaxing morning... 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.