First payment due? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

First payment due?

Options
skypink87
skypink87 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I need some help when will my first payment be after the back pay?.is it every four weeks of the date accepted? Or can someone help please 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What benefit are you asking about?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • skypink87
    Options
    Attendance allowence
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The decision letter will tell you want date the backpay is paid up until. Then you count 4 weeks after that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skypink87
    Options
    It says the 22nd February so does that mean it is repaid tomorrow? Is that correct?
  • calcotti
    Options
    You must have misread the letter - 22nd February doesn't make any sense in the context of your question.

The letter should say something like "we will pay you £xx which is arrears we owe you from AA to BB. Your first regular payment will be 4 weeks from BB.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • skypink87
    Options
    The claim was paid from the 22nd February I got the back dated money on the 27th may,So does it mean I will get paid every 4 weeks from the 22nd February I just don't get it .

• poppy123456
    Options
    skypink87 said:
    The claim was paid from the 22nd February I got the back dated money on the 27th may,So does it mean I will get paid every 4 weeks from the 22nd February I just don't get it .

No, that's not what it means because you received the money that's owed on 27th May. What does it say in the letter about the money that's been paid, it will tell you it's paid from X date to Y date. It will be 4 weeks from the date it's paid up until. For example, if your money way paid up until 25th May then your next payment will be 22nd June. You will always receive your money on the same day each time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • skypink87
    Options
    Just says the money has been back dated from the 22nd February I got that in the bank on the 27th May,the woman on the phone said it will go from the 22nd February every four weeks as that's when the claim would of started as that's when its back dated from ,so confused I'm 76 years old I will just have to wait and see thankyou for help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The person you spoke to will be someone from a call centre who will have no idea of payment cycles. It has nothing to do with when your claim first started.
  • skypink87
    Options
    Ok so it not every 4 weeks from that first date it started, that's what they said ,I will relook at my letter thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    skypink87 said:
    Ok so it not every 4 weeks from that first date it started,
    No, it depends on what date your backdated payment was paid up until.
  • skypink87
    Options
    Letter says paid up till 29th of may
  • calcotti
    Options
    skypink87 said:
    Letter says paid up till 29th of may
    In which case your next payment will be 27th June.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.