crystal ball 🔮 🙂 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

crystal ball 🔮 🙂

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
if you could know just one thing about the future or the past what would you choose?

And perhaps why? 🙂

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,712 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal good question, I think I'd like to know what I could have done. differently 24 years ago to avoid becoming disabled.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    Options
    I find that sad @woodbine, commiserations.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Options
    I think I’d like to know the next set of winning lottery numbers. 😃

why? Because I’d have such fun giving away oodles of cash to various people both family and organisations. What fun that would be eh

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would like to know if my cataract surgery will make an improvement to my sight 
  • leeCal
    Options
    I really hope it does @janer1967, a friend of mine found that it worked very well. Here’s hoping. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,382 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know this sounds morbid but I'd like to know the date of my death so I can plan for it,
  • leeCal
    Options
    Ha ha @Sandy_123, that does sound morbid but someone I know would agree with you, his idea is to have spent his last pound on the day before! 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Sorry but it would be practical. What would he spend his last pound on? 
  • leeCal
    Options
    I don’t know @Sandy_123,   though I gave up smoking several years ago if I were him I’d buy a nice cheroot, don’t know if they cost a pound though. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    I had to Google that lol. Not familiar with cigars. I'm sure some1 would donate one in e change for his pound lol
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would like to know if life is going to get any easier  for me 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    leeCal said:
    I think I’d like to know the next set of winning lottery numbers. 😃

why? Because I’d have such fun giving away oodles of cash to various people both family and organisations. What fun that would be eh

Winning lottery numbers for sure :blush:
    Although knowing how I am, I'd know the numbers and still forget to play :D 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yep Lottery numbers for me also - sooooo many people would benefit - that made me laugh @Biblioklept x
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,781 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t like the idea of knowing the date of my death although I do agree it would be practical.

I like the idea of spending my last pound before I die because I’m not planning on having children to leave an inheritance to. That said hopefully my younger brother will still be around so he could have it, or, I may have nieces or nephews.

I’d like to know if or when I’ll be living away from home and if or how I’ll cope on my own without people helping me.
  • leeCal
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I’ve thought of two other things I’d like to know now, but that would be cheating, wouldn’t it?

well it’s my thread so:
    just after the Second World War my dad was married at the time and he adopted someone from an orphanage, I’d like to know why . One year later his home help became pregnant with his child and my mother (the home help) change her name by deed poll to match his and his wife’s. They all then took a boat to New Zealand and lived there, but that was the last time his wife was seen until she turned up to divorce him eight years later. I’d like to know why my mother (the home help) changed her name?

all the above was kept secret not told to me and we have found out things by checking even going to Kew.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds very interesting @leecal name change is easy to answer, i know about some of the things you've said about in past threads. Have you got any other brothers or sisters not adopted ones ? Your father sounds like they had money as well for that era. I would be interested as to what you could find out from Kew. Are you looking into your family history or were you told all this  by other family members ?
  • leeCal
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @SueHeath Yes I had another sister about a year after they (he and his wife) adopted one girl he and my mum had another girl themselves. They were older than me, I came last and I was ok because by then he and the home help (my mum) had got married ...just! 

My dad also changed his name by deed poll too following my mum changing hers , so then they both had the same surname as his wife! All very confusing I’m sure. 

Actually its helping me writing it down like this. My eldest son is tracing the family tree and so far it’s looking quite good. Except for his fiat wife , she just disappears. Of course they are all passed on now. 

When my mother was ninety two two I asked her about things and she told me in no uncertain terms that it was none of my business. So I got nothing from her. its a family mystery.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @leecal I'd love to do a family tree, yours sounds intresting, its a shame your mom wouldn't tell you, but I think  from your moms era people didn't, they kept family secrets well hidden. 
    I was told after my parents died that I was the product of an affair, but the person who told me won't say no more, frustrating. I'm tempted to join the DNA data base
  • leeCal
    Options
    @Sandy_123 yes. I really like that program ‘who do you think you are?’ On tv where they trace back a very long time celebrities trees. Fascinating stuff. 🙂

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Oh I love that programme, also Stacey dooley on BBC iplayer does 1 simular and that's a good watch, they put dna into the data base and track down people, highly reconmend

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.