IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!

Options
JustPete
JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
Can somebody please justify the existence of Iced Coffee/Tea?
I just don't get it?
I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”
Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Me neither!! I have enough cold drinks by forgetting about them without buying them cold to begin with :D 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love iced coffee @JustPete. I don't like much 'normal' coffee. I haven't tried iced tea though! Hopefully, someone else can comment on iced tea  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,677 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love both :D 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang - want to expand on your love for iced tea? I haven't tried iced tea and I am intrigued!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @L_Volunteer

I’m no expert and have only had the fruit flavoured ones but I really like those. It just tastes like tea but with fruit flavours added. I guess like a fruit flavour juice but with less sugar and calories than real fruit juice. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like both too 

Liptons iced tea is lovely the lemon or peach or mango flavour so refreshing 

Totally different to drinking a cup that has gone cold plus no milk in iced tea 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @janer1967 I remember many years ago we made a cup of tea, milk and sugar and all, and put it in the freezer expecting to make iced tea, to find that proper iced tea is in fact very different!!!
  • JustPete
    JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @janer1967 I remember many years ago we made a cup of tea, milk and sugar and all, and put it in the freezer expecting to make iced tea, to find that proper iced tea is in fact very different!!!
    I did the same as a teenager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Such an interesting thread! @66Mustang, have you tried bubble tea? I have heard they are flavoured and your response made me think of it  :)

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @L_Volunteer I’ve never heard of it but will look it up!!! :smiley:
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bubble tea is great :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    There's a huge bubble tea trend around where I live and so many shops popping up selling it. I tried once and it was a definite no from me :D 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    What’s it actually like? I’ve never had tapioca, what are the tapioca balls like? :D
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I don't know how to describe it, I struggle with textures of food so that put me off drinking something with texture and I didn't register the taste. I was completely unaware what bubble tea was so wasn't expecting the tapioca balls and they were chewy and wet and all I could think was that it reminded me of frog spawn and I couldn't drink it after the first sip :D 
  • 66Mustang
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Haha you aren’t selling it to me :D I still want to try it though!
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Hahaha sorry!! I'm so fussy though and it's so so popular around here it must be good. Just definitely not for me!
    You'll have to try it now to give your feedback 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I will try to source one and report back :D 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hope you enjoy it @66Mustang. Look forward to hearing your reporting back  :)

• Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    I personally, love a lemon ice tea in the summer, particularly during heatwaves, as it’s refreshing. I have also tried a bubble tea and I did enjoy it, however, I still prefer an iced tea.
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bubble tea is great :) 

My daughter absolutely loves it. Tapioca balls is her favourite one. Not for me though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.