Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
userinfo1
userinfo1 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have not received the decision letter from the DWP regarding my PIP claim but have received the assessment report and added up what was suggested from it.

It suggests I have 18 points on the daily living side (so enhanced rates) but on the mobility side only 10 points (so standard rates).

I am in two minds what to do about it if the decision maker goes with these suggested points.

The 10 points where soley given on the Moving Around section and nothing was given on the Planning and Following Journeys side.

If and it is a big if I dispute the "Planning and Following Journeys" descriptor as the biggest pile of nonsense is in it do they reassess the whole form again or just that descriptor?

I just dont want to dispute that descriptor "Planning and Following Journeys" only for them to change all the points that have already been given. I am 2 points short on it for Enhanced Rates and I feel I should have got something on it.

Is it worth disputing? Can you dispute one descriptor without messing up the points elsewhere?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Whether you can score any points in following and planning a journey will totally depend on exactly how your conditions affect you. So many people don't fully understand the PIP descriptors, what they mean and the criteria. Have a look at this. https://pipinfo.net/
    You can dispute just the one activity/descriptor but the whole award will be looked at again. The mostly like outcome of the MR is the decision will remain the same, only 29% of MR decisions change.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • userinfo1
    userinfo1 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    OK so is essence the new assessor overrules the previous assessor and in essence all the points awarded may change. So could go up and down. I'm starting to get more convinced it's like a game show all this pantomime is with points win prizes and do you go higher or lower or gamble your points award. A total disgrace and nothing to do with what is actually wrong with you.

Thanks Poppy once again I'm going to have to have a long thought about this. I did see a video on you tube about this descriptor as it's more down to your mental ability than your physical ability to get from a to b. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    userinfo1 said:
    OK so is essence the new assessor overrules the previous assessor and in essence all the points awarded may change. So could go up and down. I'm starting to get more convinced it's like a game show all this pantomime is with points win prizes and do you go higher or lower or gamble your points award. A total disgrace and nothing to do with what is actually wrong with you.

Thanks Poppy once again I'm going to have to have a long thought about this. I did see a video on you tube about this descriptor as it's more down to your mental ability than your physical ability to get from a to b. 

That's not correct. The assessor doesn't score points, they make recommendations. For the MR there's not another assessment and the assessor isn't involved. It's just a different decision maker. As i advised, the most likely outcome will be the decision will remain the same. I don't see that has anything to do with a "game show"
    Following and planning a journey has nothing to do with physical conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.