Hi, my name is Poppydoll08! I'm worried I will lose my PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Poppydoll08! I'm worried I will lose my PIP

Poppydoll08
Poppydoll08 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m new here ! 
Severe osteoarthritis in knees , hips and back and a collapsed disc ( arthritis in back new diagnosis) also suffer chronic depression.   I get pip standard on both . I’ve done a COC , sent in medical letters how my condition has got worst , I’m so worried I loose my pip after joining a FB group and reading other peoples experiences of loosing their award ! My award is to 2025, that’s too long to wait for COC . Anyone got any advice please 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there @Poppydoll08 and welcome to the community, it's great to have you join :)

Just so that I understand fully, can you explain what you mean by COC- is it 'Change of Circumstances'?

If you're asked for another assessment, it's about be able to evidence the impact of your conditions on your ability to carry out the PIP descriptors. They will do this for both daily living and mobility. If you feel your conditions have worsened so that you are more limited day to day than you were before, then it's okay to ask for a change of circumstances.

If you've got any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and we'll do what we can to help.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Poppydoll08
    Hi Alex and thank you for your reply, yes change of circumstances.  My condition has deteriorated since my award started, just worried I will loose it , when I was awarded the decision maker said if it got worst to let them know , not sure that be on my file what he said ! 
    Thank you 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's okay @Poppydoll08 thanks for confirming that. 

I think you've done the right thing, and that might be a standard thing the decision makers say to everyone, as I remember reading that in my own decision letter, but I could be wrong!

Keep us up to date with how things go, we'll be here to help whatever happens, and if you need a hand with anything in the meantime, please reach out and ask :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you check whether your change and deterioration would possibly get your more points? Worsening isn't always going to be enough to get a higher rate sadly :( 
  • Poppydoll08
    Hi ,  thank you for your reply no I didn’t check . I’m just grateful for the rates I have , just wanted to report changes, as that’s what they say to do .
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need to report a change unless it would change your award rate that you get I don't think. How long aog did you put in the COC? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.