Relationships — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Relationships

Im on the opposite of the spectrum when it comes to wanting to be loved BUT I totally sympathise with you dear.
When I see people smooching whether in public or in the media, I feel sickened.
I never grew up around romantic love, I never learned about romantic love, I have never experienced nor ever will experience romantic love, I will never 
Sometimes it looks nice when presented in artistic ways but I don't believe in love other than self love which is the highest form. We are adequate as we are without others BUT if you desire company well beautiful person you totally deserve it.
If it makes anybody feel better, I'm in my late 20s and still diseased, ugly, single,flat chested, bullied, hated and alone BUT I'm the real champion.
And I'm typing all this through ongoing ASB, loneliness, illness, stress,fatigue, poverty and more but I believe in better.
I hope this community serves you well.
OK bye abd sorry if I have been no help tonight. 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ResilientNeighbour7 hey don't be so hard on yourself. Also your post is helpful to others. There is a lot more to you then those negative feelings you have right now. We all have things we don't like about our selves that others see differently.  Your right you are the real champion. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I think you've made some meaningful points in your post @ResilientNeighbour7 :) It's definitely important that we all love and value ourselves. 
    I'm in my late 20s and still diseased, ugly, single,flat chested, bullied, hated and alone
    I was sorry to read that you feel this way about yourself. I know that we've spoken to you about your living situation before, but I was wondering whether you'd feel comfortable sharing a little more about why you feel you might be 'ugly' or 'flat chested'? There's no pressure to, of course.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Juliiaa
    Juliiaa Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Im on the opposite of the spectrum when it comes to wanting to be loved BUT I totally sympathise with you dear.
    When I see people smooching whether in public or in the media, I feel sickened.
    I never grew up around romantic love, I never learned about romantic love, I have never experienced nor ever will experience romantic love, I will never 
    Sometimes it looks nice when presented in artistic ways but I don't believe in love other than self love which is the highest form. We are adequate as we are without others BUT if you desire company well beautiful person you totally deserve it.
    If it makes anybody feel better, I'm in my late 20s and still diseased, ugly, single,flat chested, bullied, hated and alone BUT I'm the real champion.
    And I'm typing all this through ongoing ASB, loneliness, illness, stress,fatigue, poverty and more but I believe in better.
    I hope this community serves you well.
    OK bye abd sorry if I have been no help tonight. 

It is amazing that you still believe in better! 
  • ResilientNeighbour7
    ResilientNeighbour7 Posts: 198 Connected
    Hey people above,sorry not been in here few days as very ill so late reply. Erm thanks I guess and also I know Julia I shouldn't believe in better but what else can I do, it's not like I have the capacity to end myself. I just hope people feel less sorry for themselves when they realise something as dead but existing as me exists in the world and the thing is others have confirmed that I am ugly too. Very sad world for me but not for everybody x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello again @ResilientNeighbour7 are you feeling better now hopefully?

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with believing in better, and if you have that little spark of positive thought to hold on to, then that's all to the good.

It can be difficult not to judge ourselves as "ugly" based on what others tell us, but it's fair to say they don't know what makes us unique and human, and worthy of self-love, respect and kindness.

We are here if you need any support or help, as always. :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.