Countryside — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Countryside

Options
Maurice123
Maurice123 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
I live in the countryside and derive great pleasure from the birds that come into my garden.
I have a greater spotted woodpecker that visits in the wintertime and a pair of magpies who live here all year round. They currently have produced four chicks making a total of six magpies. The parents seem to be driven mad by their family and are constantly flying to get away from them. I also have a pair of goldcrests who clearly have a nest close by. With lors of other varieties such as blue tits and sparrows eating at my bird table life is never dull. I manage to have one of my helpers fill up the seeds at regular intervals. Have any other countryside lovers had similar experiences?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,679 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this :)

I love the countryside too. :) Watching birds and other wildlife is quite relaxing and entertaining.

Most of the time though when we are in the countryside we are with the dog so our focus is on him as we have to keep an eye on him and prevent him disturbing the wildlife.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.