If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change in Circumstances LCRWA

Options
Lostandconfused
Lostandconfused Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi

I was awarded LCWRA back in September last year. 

I was on a joint UC claim with my child's father. He doesn't want to live with us anymore and has split from me. We are currently on a joint tenancy in social housing but I'm on the housing register to move. 

He went onto the UC online portal and registered a change of circumstances to say we are no longer together. I was then asked to confirm my details, housing costs, child details etc... I did this. Now the system seems to be implying that I've lost my LCRWA and need to supply fit notes again. 

I'm so worried and confused. I don't understand why it looks like that as nothing health related has changed. It has also removed all my journal entries relating to the joint claim in which I was granted the LCWRA - I do have a separate screenshot of the award letter. 

Thanks for reading. Any advice or calming words welcome. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you report a change of circumstances like this i think its normal that you loose all your journal entries and your past statements. Put a message onto your journal and tell them that you were found to have LCWRA last September. Tell them you have a screenshot of the award letter. I'm not sure if you can add the screenshot to your journal, it's not something i've ever done.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lostandconfused
    Options
    Thanks Poppy. I will do that. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you report a change of circumstances like this i think its normal that you loose all your journal entries and your past statements.  
    I think it is effectively a new claim so all information related to the 'previous' claim is lost. It's very unsatisfactory.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    When you report a change of circumstances like this i think its normal that you loose all your journal entries and your past statements.  
    I think it is effectively a new claim so all information related to the 'previous' claim is lost. It's very unsatisfactory.

Yes, i suspected that. It's a good thing that there's a screenshot of the WCA decision, which is very good thinking on the OP part.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    Options
    poppy123456 said:...very good thinking on the OP part. 
    Indeed!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lostandconfused
    Options
    You are right. It is so unsatisfactory.

It's weird because a. surely we have a right to that information in case we need it and b. I read that if any person is made to have a new claim, it's the person who reported the change, which happened to be him... so it's quite odd.

They have kept my original assessment period and payment date. So that is also quite confusing, although I'm hoping it's  good sign. I can't afford to lose the extra money I was getting due to the LCWRA nor face having to sort the form again... wait for the 3 months to be over etc. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Keeping your original assessment period and payment day is correct. Your LCWRA should continue because you have proof, if you didn’t then it maybe a different story.
  • calcotti
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Lostandconfused said:  I read that if any person is made to have a new claim, it's the person who reported the change, which happened to be him... so it's quite odd. 
    I don't think it is a new claim - but the computer system treats it as such which is why I said 'effectively' a new claim.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I've seen before that they say they have to wipe old statements and journal entries because of data protection, they contain information about someone (ex) that is no longer part of your claim. UC can still access your old claim as it stays attached or linked on their system and if you ask for copies they are meant to redact the bits of the other person.
    When you look at your claim @lostandconfused does it just say "you told us you're unable to work" or something similar I can't remember the exact wording??  And have they actually asked you for fit notes??
  • calcotti
    Options
    I've seen before that they say they have to wipe old statements and journal entries because of data protection, they contain information about someone (ex) that is no longer part of your claim. 
    That does make sense.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.