Sims 4 fanatic ! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sims 4 fanatic !

Options
golucky252
golucky252 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited June 2022 in Coffee lounge
Firstly please expect for me to post on this forum often lol. So I first discovered “Sims” when I was a little girl. My auntie brought her sims 1 game over and I couldn’t stop playing! I always had a game system or played my brothers game while they were away. I let someone (my brother) borrow my game system and he never returned it! So I just forgot about it and eventually found other hobbies. I used to love playing Sims and GTA ! Recently I’ve been getting on youtube watching sims gameplay. I realized how much I missed the open world And freedom of sims. I looked into buying a refurbished Xbox 1 on Amazon. But decided to return before it could be delivered. According to the reviews I wasn’t sure if I would be receiving a broken game system or not. Now I’m sitting here regretting lol. I will definitely buy when I get the chance! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Padraig
    Padraig Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    Hi golucky! The Sims has come a long way since it first started. Have you looked at xbox1 prices on EBay?
    I think Xbox is good idea. I play a couple of strategy games on line. The problem is that when you reach a certain level it’s impossible to progress without buying in game features and watching tons of adverts. There are a lot of people out there who splash a lot of cash and ruin it. My son calls them Wallet Warriors! Lol
    With the console and the game paid for at least you know where you stand. Plus you can use it for other Apps.

Happy Gaming!👾👾👾
  • golucky252
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Padraig Yea developers make lots of money off gamers who just want to “make it to the next level Lol.” Yea at least if I go on and buy the game system I’ll never be bored. So that’s good. eBay always seemed a little sketchy to me lol. I’m not sure why I trust Amazon more lol. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't played The Sims in a long time, but I used to enjoy it @golucky252 :) 

I saw late last year that there'd been a petition to introduce mobility equipment to The Sims 4, which I wrote a post about. Do you know if anything came of this?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I loved the Sims and was obsessed with the original and Sims 2. It took me a while to warm to Sims 3 but I really can't get on with Sims 4. I think it's because it's so different to the others it was like relearning a game I already knew and it frustrated me so I didn't bother again. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to love Sims Pets! But also Sims very generally - especially when it was on the PC  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I forgot about Sims Pets!! It let me live the dream of having pets with none of the mess :D I prefer PC too
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My sister still plays the Sims on PC, and we used to play together loads when we were little, it was one of the things we bonded over most! 

@golucky252 from what I've heard the experience of playing a game like Sims is far better on PC than on console, but that's not to say it's not playable on Xbox or Playstation.

I really enjoyed the freedom too! Is there an element you enjoyed most, like house building/decoration, or building up a Sims lifestyle and personality? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • golucky252
    Options
    @Alex_Scope the choosing different personalities and traits is what I liked the most . Building relationships w/ other sims 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    @Alex_Scope the choosing different personalities and traits is what I liked the most . Building relationships w/ other sims 
    I always ended up going for the same personalities and traits, even when I tried not to I couldn't bring myself to play others :D 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,728 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you have a tablet or smartphone, have you considered playing “Sims Freeplay”?

I played that for a few years and really liked it. It is similar to how you describe the other “Sims” games as you can build characters with different traits, build up relationships (friends and enemies!!), have pets, do jobs and build houses etc.

The only thing about the “Freeplay” version is that it’s funded by transactions that require real money. You can easily get through the game without spending any real money - I did - but often things will take a long time and you are encouraged to speed it up by spending money.
  • golucky252
    Options
    @66Mustang oh yea I’m playing that one now. It’s pretty cool 
  • golucky252
    Options
    @Biblioklept yea I usually choose the same traits after I get used to playing lol
  • golucky252
    Options
    @Alex_Scope the PC has so much cc (custom content) so I’m sure it’s more fun! But I actually saw online they different game packs for Xbox and PS. So that’s cool 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    @Biblioklept yea I usually choose the same traits after I get used to playing lol
    Which are your favourite to use?
  • Alex_Alumni
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It is cool @golucky252, annoying that it all costs more money, but there's variety there if you want it :) 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• golucky252
    Options
    @Biblioklept my favorite traits are probably the romantic and family oriented 
  • golucky252
    Options
    @Alex_Scope yea, I guess that’s how EA makes their money or sims Franchise. I’m going to look into buying more. Guess you have to download it onto console. I think It adds more life to the game.
  • Padraig
    Options
    @golucky252. Yes it seems they want you to download everything to the console these days. I guess it’s convenient but it means you can’t lend or swap games with friends or sell them on to raise cash for a new game. My son went through 3 normal Xboxes but fortunately his Xbox one has lasted since launch (2 years?) but I think it has a detachable hard drive on the side so if console fails out of warranty you still have your games and progress saved. I play free strategy games on my iPad as it’s gentler on my wrists than the controllers which I press like a maniac!😂
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    @Padraig that's interesting, the accessibility of gaming controllers is something that is getting better, but there's definitely still work to do in making sure everyone can play their way! :) 
    Scope

• Padraig
    Options
    @Alex_Scope indeed! I was asked in Apple shop how I support the iPad when I have to lay flat in bed quite a lot. I said the answer might be quite technical for him but I would try and simplify it. - Pillows!😂 I’m sure many relate to having a pile of different shaped pillows according to how you feel that day!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.