Hi, my name is mazzatazza! I'd appreciate some advice on how to get through the telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mazzatazza! I'd appreciate some advice on how to get through the telephone assessment

Options
mazzatazza
mazzatazza Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited June 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I'm Marilyn and I'm 47. I am on universal credit and will be receiving my telephone health assessment soon. Back in January my mum passed away and I was not only her daughter, I was her career for 5 years. I have suffered with my mental health on and off for 26 years,and my mental health is very bad since my mum passed away. In fact I would say it's been the worse since I was first diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks. I am getting very anxious and panicky with this upcoming telephone health assessment and would really like some advice and help on how to get through it  :'(

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @mazzatazza welcome to our great group.
    Sorry to hear about you losing your Mom darling, i hope you have got family/friends round you to help with the feelings of grief.
    I am sure you will be greeted by other members when the site wakes up.
    If you are ready have a look around the site, you may find some things of interest for yourself.
    Or just join us in the virtual coffee lounge under categories, i find this area works as a great distraction for me.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @mazzatazza :) Thanks for joining, and for being so open in your first post here. 

I can see that you've already received some helpful tips. You can read a little more about what to expect from the assessment on the Health Assessment Advisory Service's website

Would you find it helpful to have a loved one with you during the call? 

I'm also really sorry to hear about the passing of your mum. I can only imagine how difficult that must be difficult to deal with. 

If you feel you need to talk to someone about your grief, Cruse may be a good charity to get in touch with. The community is also here to support you :) 

Is your GP aware of your anxiety and panic attacks? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • mazzatazza
    mazzatazza Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Yes my GP is writing me fit notes, and I'm n sertraline, Diazepam,and zopiclone when needed. I was having counselling but couldn't afford it anymore,as I went private . And there was waiting list with cruse.my aunty is going to be with me,as she has been wonderful throughout this process.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds good @mazzatazza :) If you do feel you could benefit from some counselling again, you could try getting on an NHS waiting list through your GP, or IAPT if you live in England. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.