Change of circumstances? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances?

Options
goonies009
goonies009 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I have question and posted last week in relation to a new claim and face to face assessment. 
I had a f2f last week and my report was done quickly- I had a call from my consultant regarding a official diagnosis which I did not have last week will I have to call them and notify them of this? They are aware I was going through assessments only and no diagnosis. Any advice appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No because PIP isn't about a diagnosis. You need to be careful about ringing them regarding these sort of changes because they could take it "literally" and send more forms out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Presumably your consultant will be writing you a letter. Once you have that you can send it to PIP as additional information. Do not refer to it as a change of circumstances. If the PIP decision arrives before the medical letter and you need to challenge the PIP decision you can introduce it as part of an MR. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • goonies009
    goonies009 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for the advice that is brilliant and saved me a lot of stress and unecessary headache so glad I posted for advice :) 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for your positive feedback @goonies009. I am really glad to hear we saved you a lot of stress and unnecessary headache and you are glad you posted for advice.

That is really positive and much appreciated. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.