If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living payment

Options
tdotmelty27
tdotmelty27 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
Hiya I am just wondering as I’ve not really seen much clarification about eligibility to the cost of living payment I’m living at home with my mum I receive universal credit and pip I get high rate of both parts of pip and had my assessment for universal credit deemed not being able to work at the min would I receive the cost of living payment and also the 150 extra for disability payment if someone could clarify it for me I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fully detailed here
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment?mc_cid=d8310461d2&mc_eid=407191570c

You will get £650 because you are on UC (£326 in July, £324 later in the year) and the £150 because you are on PIP.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tdotmelty27
    tdotmelty27 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    Oh okay cheers @calcotti just wasn’t sure if I was eligible due to living at home with my mum and there for they may not think I have to pay bills even tho I do pay my mum towards bills but wasn’t sure if they would just be giving it to people who have like rent gas electric and that if you get me?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You receive UC - you get a payment.
    You get a disability benefit - you get a payment.
    What you need to spend your money on has nothing to do with the entitlement.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.