Lcwra support group/ pip with both enhanced rate for living & mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra support group/ pip with both enhanced rate for living & mobility

Options
Xrp2022
Xrp2022 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi there I am wondering if anyone could give any thoughts on my question I am currently in receipt of lcwra in the support group I have just been awarded PIP with both enhanced rates I am currently living with my mother But feel like I need my own independence/space am I eligible under supported criteria for housing as I am looking for my own home if I went to the council reporting that I’m homeless as I cannot live with my mother anymore would they offer me any accommodation? I would much appreciate any reply given thank you for your time

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know if different towns have different supported housing criteria but your local council website might have some advice on that question. Homeless would be hard to prove unless your mum is in the process of evicting you. Tere are very long lists for council accommodation even for homeless people so you may have quite a wait ahead of you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For supported living then you will
    very likely need to have a needs assessment from your local Authority first. Some information here https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-information/living-with-mental-illness/treatment-and-support/supported-housing/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Xrp2022
    Xrp2022 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    For supported living then you will
    very likely need to have a needs assessment from your local Authority first. Some information here https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-information/living-with-mental-illness/treatment-and-support/supported-housing/
    Hi poppy thanks for your reply 
    Sorry I should’ve been more clearer I am not looking for supported living I am looking to get a 1bed flat/or a 1 bed studio im potentially going to be homeless tonight as my mother has evicted me as I’m in I’ll health with mobility problems I cannot go to the council by myself 
    I have had a look online at my councils archives about the eligibility criteria

It states Priority need of vulnerable people with disabilities 👇🏻

• (((vulnerability for the purposes of s.189(1)(c) of the Housing Act 1996 concerns the provision of housing and means the applicant's vulnerability if they are not provided with accommodation, more than general need for 'care and support' under community care legislation ))) ☝🏻

As being homeless is going to make me more vulnerable especially being registered disabled with bad mobility

And I suffer with extreme anxiety & depression 

I also need my 7 medications stored correctly 

Councils decide who gets offered housing based on a ‘points’ or ‘banding’ system 

And I fall into band 1 as of my circumstances

So if I was to call up my local council and explain my situation that I am being evicted from my mothers house I have nowhere to go I am registered disabled I receive lcwra/pip 

What would they do?

Would I be offered accommodation?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If your local Authority help you then you'll likely be placed into emergency accomodation. It's not as easy as you think, even if you're potentially made homeless. You'll need to contact your local Authority.
    You can also contact shelter who will advise you. https://www.shelter.org.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.