If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hip Operation

Options
Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
After 3yrs of waiting. Then one cancellation in March 2021, another cancelation on 3rd March 2022. On the 16th June this year, I finally got my hip operation. I had to have a blood transfusion the day after, but what the hell I got through it. Now I'm at home convalescing and looking forward to 'walking' again ASAP, then getting on with my life once more.  

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,923 Championing
    Options
    @Dragonslayer I'm glad you finally got your op, be alot better once you've recovered.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Options
    That’s great news that you finally got it done :smiley:
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,649 Championing
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Dragonslayer, finally having it done must be a weight off your shoulders. Wishing you a speedy recovery :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,001 Championing
    Options
    Hope you recover quickly and I'm  happy for you that it finally got done after so many delays <3
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Championing
    Options
    I think I remember you posting about this before @dragonslayer. I'm glad you finally managed to get it done! Take care during the recovery time. 

My dad watched a load of box sets when he had his done. Will you be doing something similar? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    Thats great to hear and I wish you a speedy recovery 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    I'm pleased to hear it's finally been done @Dragonslayer wishing you a smooth recovery :) 

How have you found things so far?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,196 Championing
    Options
    Good to hear from you @Dragonslayer - I wish you well with your convalescence. Keep doing the physio exercises! :)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    Best wishes from me @Dragonslayer and i hope you recover quick.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.