It’s another hottie … ☀️☀️ — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It’s another hottie … ☀️☀️

Options
CoffeeFirst
CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
Are you someone who loves the heat and sits outside …or prefers to stay indoors?
🥵☀️

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like the heat but only when I have nothing productive to do and can just enjoy it :D My fan is lost and nowhere to be seen at the moment so any computer based task is quite taxing. Hoping to find the fan this week though!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t mind a little hot weather, around twenty two or so is fine but I don’t like thirty Celsius at all.

i actually prefer the winter or autumn best of all.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've been outside since 9 a.m and have just come inside now almost 12 hours later, it's been a lovely day here.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• CoffeeFirst
    CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    @Ross_Scope, I know what you mean…I hope you find the fan before the weather changes again 😆.

@Lee; Autumn is a lovely season I agree.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,685 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do but I find seeking shade better for me, I burn easily
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    I've been outside since 9 a.m and have just come inside now almost 12 hours later, it's been a lovely day here.
    What do you do outside for so long? When you say out do you mean like in town or in your garden? 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    The only time I sit outside when it`s hot is when I have company, which isn`t very often.  I`m not a fan of hot weather; my perfect weather is a clear blue sky and absolutely freezing - bliss :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My kind of bliss too @Cartini. Blue sky but cool enough to wear a jumper!  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,685 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Been a beautiful day today and lovely evening
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Windy getting up a bit now here and it's gone cloudy - think the rain is coming x
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cartini said:
     I`m not a fan of hot weather; my perfect weather is a clear blue sky and absolutely freezing - bliss 
    Totally agree, fifty years ago Septembers used to be like that, especially good if you’re working outside. Frosty clear mornings, you can’t beat them.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Barkingmad15
    Barkingmad15 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    Always loved the warm weather. I don't mean the humid sticky days we often get but 25oC ish is lovely :) & I also certainly used to love the days that were freezing cold but clear, although these days the cold just seems to make health issues worse :( 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.