Waiting for pip telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for pip telephone assessment

Options
mazzatazza
mazzatazza Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am so anxious at the moment waiting for my telephone assessment.no wait just had call they have had to cancel it!!! I've been getting so anxious about this call and now they have cancelled it!! They haven't a clue about how a person with anxiety suffers and now have to wait till next Wednesday for my telephone assessment! I have my wca on Tuesday next week too so double anxiety . I wish people that do not suffer from anxiety just spend a day in an anxious person's mind maybe they would understand  :'(

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    :( it's just the worst when plans change and even more when you've been anxious waiting for something and then it doesn't happen and is moved so you are still in waiting mode. At least they let you know they had to cancel as I've seen others j ust wait and wait for a call not to come but it isn't much comfort as I can imagine how you're feeling now waiting. I hope you are okay <3
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, these things do happen and we can't predict what could happen in the future. People maybe off sick and they can't get cover for that day. Covid is still here, though it's easy to forget with everything now returned to normal.
    I've had assessments been cancelled myself and know how it feels. I've also had an assessment cancelled while i've been on my way to the assessment centre.
    Fingers crossed the next one goes ahead as planned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mazzatazza
    mazzatazza Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    I fought black n blue to see my mum in hospital cause of covid even though I was her full time career!!! Eventually my mum was sent to rehabilitation hospital where I had to ring each morning to see if I could get hour slot to see her I managed to get in and see her on one day and then the next day they wouldn't cause of covid that night my mum passed away. Since my mum passed away on 19th January I just can't function without her 😢I've suffered with PTSD, depression and anxiety for 26 years .I've been sexually,physically,emotionally abused in the past and that was tough but losing my mum has been the toughest thing I've ever endured 😢 I just want to grieve but can't cause other pressures just makes me so anxious. The loss of my mum has made my mental health so severe and have triggered everything else off from the past as well as trying to survive on the pittance money I receive from UC so also in debt with everything I just don't know how much longer I can go on 😢
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Oh love <3 I'm not close with my mum and haven't seen her for many years but I would still be so crushed if she passed away, so being close and losing her must be soul destroying and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hear you and I hear how much you're struggling. 
    You can go on, you are a fighter!! Look how much you have already been through and you are still here. You are awesome. You don't want to not go on, you just want to feel better, which I can understand. 
    With UC are you getting every part of it you should be getting? Or just the standard allowance? Do you have help with your debts @mazzatazza?

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk @mazzatazza, so please do keep an eye out for that :)

I'm sorry that your assessment's been postponed, as I can only imagine how much that would've added to your anxiety about it. 

In terms of getting support to help you manage your debt, have you tried contacting an organisation like StepChange
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.