Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Work coach telephone appointments

Options
FourNs
FourNs Community member Posts: 4 Connected
My son has fortnightly telephone appointments with his work coach. We both find them very stressful. He is currently working 2 hours per week but hopes to increase this slowly, but he'll only be able to work part time in the long term. Is there a point where the work coach will no longer need to contact him?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will continue while he is claiming uc 

Unless he has a work capability assessment and is found to have limited capability to work and related activity = lcwra 

Does he have a health condition and if so has he reported it on his account and provided fit notes 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If he earns more than £355 a month he should be on light touch where they don't contact him really but can
  • FourNs
    Options
    He's deemed capable to work and is working. He has Autism plus physical disabilities, which are the reason part time work is the option. This has all been reported, but no fit note. 
  • FourNs
    Options
    If he earns more than £355 a month he should be on light touch where they don't contact him really but can
    He only does 2 hours a week, so no chance of this! But thanks for that info. So £355 is when they stop making regular appointments?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If he is deemed fit for work then he will have uc commitments while he is claiming which if he is only going to be working a few hours then this will include appointments 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,515 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    FourNs said:
    He's deemed capable to work and is working. He has Autism plus physical disabilities, which are the reason part time work is the option. This has all been reported, but no fit note. 

Was he found fit for work after a work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    FourNs said:
    He only does 2 hours a week, so no chance of this! But thanks for that info. So £355 is when they stop making regular appointments?
    On light touch there are no work search requirements so appointments are usually reduced. 
    Even if he can do some work if he's unable to work full time it is probably a good idea to go through the work capability process as his commitments will get reduced and he'll also then get a work allowance
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.