I received my assessment back today, with no points. Anyone else ever got no points? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I received my assessment back today, with no points. Anyone else ever got no points?

Options
Anglill
Anglill Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
been an avid watcher
received my pip assessment back today, with no points
i really can’t believe this. All the important points have been missed out of the report!!
tried to call them, on hold for one and half hours
has anyone else ever got no points? Can’t believe it!!! Had a stroke and left disabled, along with other health issues

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The assessment report is not the decision. Before the decision is made the decision maker will look at everything you sent as well as the report.
    They do mostly go with the recommendations but it has been known for them to go against it.
    Once the decision is made if you're not happy you can challenge that by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Anglill :) 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and tweaked the title, so that other members can find it more easily. 

I'm sorry to hear that you may not have scored any points. Just to check, is it the assessor's report you received? As poppy123456 has explained, this isn't the final decision, so you'll have to wait for your decision letter to see what you've been awarded. 

We've definitely had other members post on the community who've scored 0 points on their initial claim, so you're not alone.

If you'd like to challenge the decision after receiving your decision letter, you can ask for an MR. You can read more about that on the Turn2Us website. If you decide to do this, I'd encourage you to re-read the PIP descriptors (pipinfo.net) to make sure that you provide the most relevant examples you can.

How do you feel your assessment went? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Anglill
    Options
    Just want to add I never got through to them on phone
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lots of people get no points (and some then go on to get an enhanced award of both components at tribunal).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Anglill
    Options
    Thanks for welcome
    I thought the assessment went ok. It was the final decision letter I received. There was all sorts of information missed out. And some things said that I never said, or was exaggerated.
    to be honest I am shocked.
    I will appeal, onwards and upwards.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How frustrating that you never managed to get through to them on the phone @Anglill. Do you know when you might feel able to try and get through to them on the phone again - if you still need to? 

Thanks for your positive feedback. Glad to hear you thought the assessment went ok. It sounds a bit disappointing that you received those things in the final decision letter though. How are you feeling about the idea of appealing?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you through the appeal process or if you have any questions we might be able to answer. We are all here for you and you don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Anglill
    Options
    Thanks so much
    i will try to call them again tomorrow 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    -
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had my phone call today after nine months waiting since Aug 2021 I was not allowed to say most of what I wanted to do, I kept getting cut off on what I wanted to say
    I'm sorry to hear that you felt you were being cut off during your assessment @Mark_Norville. Assessors should be respectful, and listen to what you have to say, while ensuring they get the information they need. 
    It does help to include dates on when today is, we are not mind readers. 
    I do understand what you mean here. That being said, you can check when a post or comment was made by looking to the left of the comment and finding 'posted:' underneath the member's rank. I hope that helps :)  

Have you been able to look into the appeals process yet @Anglill
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.