Disabled toilet — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled toilet

Options
numedides
numedides Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Why people with no disabilities are so cruel? I’ve ms I can’t walk can’t hold, my vision is bad my bladder has issues and yet I’m waiting in front of disabled toilet for health people.. not fair..
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry that you've had that experience @numedides :( We've unfortunately heard from other disabled people who've also experienced having to wait to use an accessible toilet for this reason, so you're not alone in your frustration. It's worth remembering that some people have hidden disabilities that can be harder to spot, however, so someone who might not look as though they'd need to use an accessible toilet might actually need to. 

What do you think needs to be done to make non-disabled people more aware of why they shouldn't use accessible toilets?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • numedides
    Options
    Thanks for your support, I think there’s nothing we can do about it ..
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Disabled toilets that require radar key access could be more widely used so those with a key are the only ones able to access them 
  • numedides
    Options
    I’ve a radar key, I mean the others
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was just meaning if more were locked and needed a key that would stop others using them 
  • numedides
    Options
    You’re right B)
  • Louloubell1980
    Louloubell1980 Scope Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    I have a radar key. But I have found many disabled toilets don't use them ( in several car parks I've visited that you have to pay which is upsetting).
    But as my disability can't be seen,  I get anxious by certain people looking me up and down with a face expression like I shouldn't be using it as I Don't "look disabled "
    Which is upsetting as none of my multiple health issues can be seen. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.