If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip assessment

Options
taylorjmt
taylorjmt Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my partner has severe copd, sciatica and arthritis in hands he has really bad problems with breathless he struggles walking around the house without getting breathless even the most simple things he gets out of breath and he gets pain in back and hands he applied for esa and was placed in support group. We’ve recently applied for pip a few months ago and he had his assessment 2 and half weeks ago via telephone he received a text yesterday saying they have received report and will make a decision within 8 weeks im very worried about the outcome as the lady on the phone was trying to twist things around what he said just concerned about if he fails. We currently get universal credit and I’m worried and stressed if they tell me I’ve got to go back to work as I’ve already told them I’m not looking for work as im caring for my partner I prepare all his meals he has to have assistance in and out the shower as well as me dressing his lower half as he unable to bend I have to sort his medication as he struggles with remembering when to take them and getting them out of packets he struggles. I gave up my job a few months ago to look after him also he was struggling getting are children out of school a 15 min walk was taking him nearly a hour as he constantly has to stop to catch his breath my 8 year old daughter told me about dad can’t breath it takes us ages to get home made me feel awful I was putting it all this on him. Things have got so bad he uses a stick when out but even now he doesn’t leave the house as it’s causing to much distress Sorry for rambling my head is going in to overdrive 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The majority of people claim PIP successfully without any problems. Decision timescales are between 2-12 weeks. Once a decisions been made if you’re not happy you can challenge it.
    Nothing more you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.