Tell us something about you that’s out of character — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell us something about you that’s out of character

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,577 Disability Gamechanger
Something surprising, just to get to know people a bit better. 

I own lots of teddy bears :D 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to love fishing but it's impossible now, and I really miss it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,577 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine didn’t know you liked fishing :) I’ve never been fishing but have a family member who used to love it, they said it’s really relaxing. Another family member said he’d be happy to fish with a line without a hook on it as he loved the tranquility but didn’t like touching the fish :D 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to co-host an online radio show which anyone that knows me would think is very out of character!! I can't believe I used to either given I can't even use a phone or video chat :D 

66Mustang said:
    Will you share your favourite teddy??

woodbine said:
    I used to love fishing but it's impossible now, and I really miss it.
    Is it okay to ask why it's impossible? Sorry if that is rude and don't answer if you don't want to. I like to think nothing is impossible and maybe someone could help you find a way <3

I did not like dogs until I got Toby. He is the only dog I have ever had. I was more of a cat person.
    What made you get Toby?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:

That's sweet. I always take my bear to bed every single night and yes i cuddle her. I've had her for 15 years and she really does have that very loved look. She wears PJ's. :D

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I really like this thread! Thanks for initiating this thread @66Mustang. Uniqueness is really important and especially the things that matter the most to us and make us feel comfortable  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.