Space tourism damages ozone layer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Space tourism damages ozone layer

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sadly I can't see them actually taking any steps to reduce it, commercial need and corporate greed will always win out :( 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention @leeCal. How does this make you feel? I agree with @Biblioklept, it is sad   :(
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • leeCal
    Options
    It makes me feel despair quite frankly. It’s quite obvious to me that some people just don’t mind trashing the planet.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    leeCal said:
    It makes me feel despair quite frankly. It’s quite obvious to me that some people just don’t mind trashing the planet.

Some people would have you believe that space exploration is to save the human race.
    I, personally, disagree with space exploration and not from an ozone point of view.  I don`t understand why we don`t plough the billions spent sending people to find another planet to trash into fixing the planet we have now.
  • leeCal
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I agree @Cartini

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.