Crash for cash fraud — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Crash for cash fraud

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
Warning, apparently some fraudsters are purposely causing crashes in order to gain payments from unsuspecting drivers.
see:
https://news.sky.com/story/crash-for-cash-scammers-using-new-tactics-to-cause-road-collisions-bringing-pain-and-strife-to-drivers-12637951

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This has been going on for years and years, sadly. :(

A relative was a victim of it, we think, as a van overtook him then pulled in front and did an emergency stop and my relative went into the back of the van. The driver was we think one of those law abiding Irish nomadic peoples that we are not allowed to name as it’s racist. He tried to ask for £1000 cash (who carries that with them?) and my relative told him to do one. No claim was made so we wonder whether the Irish man was actually uninsured and didn’t want to put in a claim but my relatives insurance still went up. :(
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    That was a lucky escape @66Mustang. apart from the insurance going up. It’s a nuisance to lose your no claims.

I know it’s been going on for years but recently it’s increased and moved from usual areas to less usual ones, ie rural areas. Just shows you how careful you have to be, 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
     The driver was we think one of those law abiding Irish nomadic peoples that we are not allowed to name as it’s racist.
    Scum bag is a generic term for someone who isn`t particularly nice, it`s not racist :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It hapoend to me a couple of years ago and the funny part was we were takeing it to be scrapped so they didn't  get very far it only had two days mot left there was to much work to do on it 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.