Hi, my name is Susan. Are there grants available that could help me get a stairlift? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Susan. Are there grants available that could help me get a stairlift?

Options
susanselby702022
susanselby702022 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I receive enhanced PIP. I live in a house which I love and I don’t want to move however I’m starting to really struggle with the stairs. Are their grants available please that could help me get possibly a stair lift installed. 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @susanselby702022
    Welcome to Scope, I’m sure other members will advise although I’m sure there’s a grant from your local authority called the ‘Disabled Facilities Grant’. There are exclusions and exceptions like most things although I have recently read up on someone getting a downstairs wet room put in with this grant. It may be worth taking a look.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is refer yourself for a needs assessment. You can do that here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services Once it's done your Local Authority will be incontact with you. There maybe a waiting list so do be aware of that.
    If you're renting your home then you will need permision from your landlord before any adaptions can take place.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.