Hi, my name is MadCow1! Recently transferred from JSA to UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MadCow1! Recently transferred from JSA to UC

Options
MadCow1
MadCow1 Community member Posts: 395 Pioneering
edited June 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone.
Tagged:

Comments

• MadCow1
    Options
    I have recently transferred from JSA to UC. Now I have a question to answer which is" in the last 12 months have you any gaps in my employment " & have to tick either yes or no. I have never worked,so what do I tick? Plus my statement tells me I have been deducted  about £16 as I was claiming JSA when I wasn't entitled to,but I don't understand how,as my JSA adviser told me I was entitled to a run-on payment. I wasn't told that I would be deducted any money. I have put a comment on my journal regarding this,but have had no response. Can anybody help me understand this please.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know about the JSA deduction maybe they paid you an extra day or something by mistake?? Hope they answer soon.
    The other question about yes or no, you tick yes because there has been a gap. 
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Thankyou,I was getting very stressed about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can hear your stress @MadCow1. Is there anything which usually helps you when you are feeling stressed? If we can do anything to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi,
    I am stressed. I am so confused about the benefits system. I feel misled & they took advantage of my vulnerability. They still haven't explained why I was deducted a sum of money, when I was told that I was entitled to it. I used to enjoy doing crafts and cooking,but my OA prevents  me,so talking on this forum really helps me .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.