My fit note not accepted — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My fit note not accepted

nit3
nit3 Community member Posts: 162 Connected
I have been off work due to leg injury and also waiting for colonoscopy. I provided my work coach with a fit note and has not been accepted. I asked my doctor surgery and they did not provide me with one after 4 days after the previous one had expired. Is that the reason why it was not accepted?. All the situation with this new coach is making me very anxious as she is not helping me at all and trying to get me sanctioned. 
I don’t know what to do 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Have you had a work capability assessment and recently been found fit for work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nit3
    No, I have not had a work capability assessment yet. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you ask why it wasn't accepted?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nit3
    No, I just found out this evening I will ask tomorrow morning and see what they say. But as I mentioned on my first post my new work coach is less than helpful, she is trying to get me sanctioned. She gave an appointment the day I had to go to hospital for a procedure.I had to ask her to change my appointment at the Jobcentre. She is causing me lots of stress. I am thinking if this is going to be like this all the time I don’t want to be on UC anymore I find degrading every time I go to my appointments and justify why I am there. I got a job but I am off sick at the moment due to my leg injury and other problems. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for your response @nit3. I am just wondering if you have been able to find out yet? Just because 'tomorrow morning' has now passed - I believe you were referring to yesterday morning. I just wanted to check in with you to see you are doing since.

It sounds really difficult that your work coach is less than helpful and trying to get you sanctioned. I am hearing how this is making you feel (potentially unnecessarily!) stressed.

It also seems it might be making you question if you want to be at UC anymore, especially as you find it degrading every time you go to your appointments and justify why you are there.

Is there anything which might make this feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here for you and listening to you.

You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • nit3
    Thank you for your concern L - Volunteer. I got the fit note accepted in the end by someone else not my work coach. I have to go to my doctors next week and see what kind of treatment I will have for my condition I will ask for a new fit note as I am still not well and all the stress added because of the job situation is making me very anxious and depressed. 
    The fact that going to the Jobcentre to justify why I am off work and why I am not looking for work. It’s making me feel worried. 
    Let’s see how it goes next week and I will keep you posted.
    Thanks so much again for your help 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Really pleased to hear you got the fit note accepted in the end @nit3. How are you feeling at the moment about how things are?

Good luck, if you haven't already been, with your doctors' appointment and seeing what kind of treatment you will have for your condition. Hopefully, they will/have provided you with a new fit note.

I can hear how you are still not well and all the stress added because of the job situation is making you very anxious and depressed. Are you receiving the support you need at the moment with feeling anxious, worried and depressed?

Some resources that you might find helpful if you want further support with this include: 

Please remember we are here for you too if we can do anything to support you further, even if that is just providing a listening ear. 

Look forward to hearing from you soon with any updates you wish to share with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.