Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

What's your best day out?

Options
Alex_Alumni
Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
Tell me about the best day out you've had, or even a dream day out you haven't had yet, I'd be interested to know :) 
Online Community Coordinator
Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Going to a race track and getting to drive five iconic classic cars: an Austin Healey 3000, A Porsche 911, a (old) Mini Cooper S, a Jaguar E-Type and finally the Ford Mustang in my profile picture.

The day out could only have been improved by going to a nice restaurant afterwards. :yum:
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    That sounds fantastic @66Mustang it must have been pretty exhilarating! Did you get scared at all? I think I would if I went very fast.
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alex_Scope the thing I was most scared of was having to reverse park the vehicles in front of a crowd of people. I’m not keen on parking!! :D 

The cars aren’t actually that fast as they are classics and it was quite a tight track. I don’t think I went over 100 in any of the cars.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    I hate parking too, I can imagine that was a bit stressful, but it sounds like you aced it :) 

Getting near 100mph is still pretty fast in my book, but I know I'm not all that familiar with classic/super/sports cars. I'm glad you got to indulge your passion that day.
    Scope

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,949 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd love to try something like that one day @66Mustang but the idea of people watching would really put me off!!
    My best day out was at a beach. The weather was pretty rainy and cold so it was quiet and I watched the sun rise and I just felt really connected with the world and at peace and I loved watching the ocean. I know it's pretty simple and silly but it was just so grounding. 

I've not really done any big adventures so don't have anything more exciting but it was just such a nice time. I remember thinking how much I'd like to leave near the beach one day but then I remembered tourists and crowds and changed my mind :D 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My best day ever was at discovery cove in florida 

I swam with dolphins it was a full day lunch included and all equipment . Apart from the swim there was lots of other attractions there 

I managed to get a lovely spot on the sand by the area where the dolphins were so watched them all day it was amazing 
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    My best day out was looking after a tiger at the local safari park for the day. It was a birthday present, my second best day out was breakfast with the lions. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm planning a day out with a friend soon, not yet, maybe 3 or 4 weeks down the line, to visit a castle that has war of the Roses live attraction, plus the dungeons with live actors, falcon display,  plus the castle it self, maze and I'm hoping lots of selfie with knights. Tires me out thinking of it all. Can't wait tho.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My favourite day out is similar to @66Mustang it was a large car show and I got to  show all my cars  and we drove them round the city I won prizes on four of my cars 

My second best day was picking up  my first mobility car which was the first mini to have 5 gears  I was presented with my car by the major and I was on TV and in the pappers I also received a year's free petrol  and flowers 

My third best day was reciveing an award from the Queen going above and beyond in my job as a carer in the community and saved lives when a fire broke 

Now every day is my best day and I take it one day at a time and enjoy 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.