Another Review... A Year Early!? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Another Review... A Year Early!?

iPanda
iPanda Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hey everyone that's reading! 

I'm sure like most people when your review form comes in its absolutely soul destroying, and the already bad experience you've received has left you with whiplash!.. Let's face it, those that have been successful post less onto forums about their experiences.. if anything you're searching for that reassurance and trust me this is the best forum ive ever come across..So I wanted to post.. and to see if anyone else has ever had the same experience.. I just need reassurance... 

I last posted in 2020 because I had experienced a horrific review, and home visit, to which I appealled and a benefits advocate helped me with, Thank god they did.. The DWP took away my enhanced rates despite more medical evidence of surgeries and care and deteriation in my health... It can be very cruel and a very demeaning process, especially when yourself and health professionals in your care back you up fully, and it's almost discredited with bogus reasons!!..

I recently got diagnosed with Diabetes and have changed mental health services to private as its hard to get support with NHS services in my area, It was the case even before the pandemic..as always I'm always straight on the phone to disclose any changes in care and like before I have always phoned with any medication change.. even if its more mg per day; I've disclosed it. What I find unnerving is that this time I've disclosed new medications and a condition they've sent me a review form a year earlier than I was meant to have one!.. Is this normal? And should I be worried? 

Another change recently is that my husband may have Parkingsons and his GP advised him for extra help for us for him to also go onto PIP, he has an MRI tomorrow to determine his fate, as he applied around the time I disclosed my medication conditions in April, Would this be why they've reviewed me early? My mental health has gone into overdrive at this point, my compulsions for OCD have heightened too..

I was getting somewhat further on my mental health progress with my new therapy, but I've gotta say, the amount of stress I was put through initially applying and the 1st review hasn't settled my confidence on them making this easy for me. I of course have nothing to hide, and everything I've told them is genuine and raw... But I can't help but feel deflated it's a year early, and if they don't make this easy for me, I can't pay for therapy anymore.. Which is so important for many of my conditions, I'll be hurled back through the NHS system, and I really can't do that. And like most people I'm barely straping by on what I have, And the Pandemic if you can relate has slowed my care down! And now I have several waiting lists for almost all my care!.. Will that effect my claim also, as I can't precisely tell them to hurry and do my surgeries! 

So any advice would be wonderful at this point, I'm so distressed, I can't sleep, eat... Its already stressful my husband has detierated and now can't care for me as much, so now we've had to swallow our pride and the GP has refered us to adult social services and occupational health for support in the home...I don't think I'll cope with the DWP putting me through hell e.g Trying to force me to go miles away to an appointment despite the GP and others saying I couldn't... and the lies and fabrications of my answers.. or even another home visit with someone that will take everything I say out of context...

I hope those that are reading this realise you are not alone.. As if it's not degrading enough becoming not so independent anymore, you have a group of people determine your future living situation with having to prove the absolute earth that you are worthy for finacial support. 

Thanks for reading.. I appreciate all comments and thoughts on this matter..  
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,910 Disability Gamechanger
    iPanda said:
    as always I'm always straight on the phone to disclose any changes in care and like before I have always phoned with any medication change.. even if its more mg per day; I've disclosed it. What I find unnerving is that this time I've disclosed new medications and a condition they've sent me a review form a year earlier than I was meant to have one!..

It's one of 2 things. It has either likely been taken literally as a "change of circumstances" so they've gone ahead and sent you new forms to fill in. When you have different medication and a new diagnosis, there's no need to ring them every time a change like this happens because it's not classed as a change of circumstances that needs reporting.
    Or your award ends in 1 year so they've sent the forms out to you earlier than they usually do because of backlogs. It will depend when exactly your PIP is due to end and did you ever have an extended award because of covid?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • iPanda
    iPanda Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Thanks Poppy for replying as always. I believe they did extend it due to covid, I forgot about that, thats a very valid point indeed!.. I think the process in itself is such an unnerving situation, and I probably won't settle till its all sorted either way. Keeping my fingers crossed, with nails bitten to shreds! 😅
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    It has been a little while since this thread now. How are things for you at the moment @iPanda? I hope things are looking better for you at the moment. If you do need anything though, we are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.