Do you still wear a face mask? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you still wear a face mask?

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,856 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2022 in Coffee lounge
I’m just wondering.

Do you still wear a face mask when out in enclosed public places like shops?

I’ll be honest and say that I don’t anymore.

Do you still wear a face mask? 14 votes

Yes
42%
easyLisatho11987777life[Deleted User]StarlingbirdKaren7788 6 votes
No
57%
woodbine66MustangRoss_AlumniSandy_123CartiniBibliokleptTeigrdurhamjaide2001 8 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No
    My health anxiety is such that I would want to in certain places but my social anxiety is such that I won't wear one for fear of being judged for doing so and the attention it draws :D 
    So no I don't wear them except for in hospital / GP where ours still tell you to
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    No
    @Biblioklept yes I’m similar in that I tend to not wear it because now the vast majority don’t so I would stand out. When the majority did wear one I’d do the same because if I didn’t I’d stand out :D 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    No
    So much of what I do depends on what others might think of it which I guess is from a lifetime of trying to mask and blend in. I wonder if that's why I find it hard to make decisions even about little stuff as it loses my own sense of identity. But bit too deep for a light thread like this, sorry!!

My house is on a popular route kids walk from school and I still see a handful of students still wearing face masks to school and I always think how very brave of them as I imagine at school they'd face ridicule or criticism!

There are still some people wearing masks around my area but it's a large populated city so makes sense I guess
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My answer would be 'sometimes'. I still wear one in busy places, and wore one recently when I had a cold. I'd be lying if I said I wore one as much as I used to, though!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,744 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No
    I hated wearing them, but I did when we had to, our GP's surgery has now said we don't need to wear them, if we can get an appointment  B)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes
    I still wear one as I’m immunosuppressed due to my medication. I’m finding it very difficult, especially when travelling. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    No
    I would wear one on public transport but I don't use it. 
  • Starlingbird
    Starlingbird Community member Posts: 169 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes
    I have only just started to not wear one in quiet shops (maybe one or two other people inside). It makes me feel anxious though. Due to my med condition, I have always used hand gel and wiped trolley handles. When the pandemic was in full swing I suddenly felt like I didn't look OTT because everyone else was gelling. Now I'm back to being an outsider! Ha ha!
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    No
    @Starlingbird same here, I used to wash my hands all the time and clean everything and I quite liked the pandemic as I was no longer the only one doing it, everyone was, and everything was so clean!
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    No
    I don`t wear one, but do carry one with me.  If I`m in a shop / cafe etc and the person behind the counter is wearing one, I ask if they would prefer I wore one too.
  • Starlingbird
    Options
    Yes
    66Mustang
    Those were the days, hey??! See, there's always a silver lining :D
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    No
    @Starlingbird PS I like the dog in your picture, is it a German Shepherd Dog? Those are my favourite along with Collies. :)
  • Starlingbird
    Options
    Yes
    66Mustang
    Yes, that's my doggy boy when he was younger. He is a rescued German Shepherd and I  <3 him zillions!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,776 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No
    Mainly just medical appointments now
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes
    I always were one it hadn't  gone away and now it's on the rise again we still have plastic in front of counters hand gel and cleaning stuff for trolleys is still out and most of the staff in shops still wear a mask we still have to wear a mask in our drs and in hospitals 
  • joshphillips
    joshphillips Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited November 2022
    Options
    •Only If you were infected from Covid, and others are living in the same tight space as you are, like in a small apartments, you probably don't.

• That's why in public spaces we're supposed to wear adult face masks, because each of us is protecting all the others.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes
    Sometimes. I think this is the best time of the year to be wearing facemasks with so many people getting colds and the flu. Just in case 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts @joshphillips :) How are you doing today? 

You could be right there @life!  
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.