Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

14th July 2022 advanced living payment. How much would I be entitled to?

Options
Xrp2022
Xrp2022 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi could someone please kindly explain this new cost of living payment that’s happening on the 14 of July and how much I would be entitled too , I receive the supported lwcra ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The payment will be paid FROM 14th July hopefully all payments should be made by end July 

You will receive £326 in July and further £324 in the autumn 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you get income related ESA? 
  • Xrp2022
    Options
    Do you get income related ESA? 
    I get the lwrca supported group element 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Is it esa or uc 

Reason we ask is that it must be a means tested benefit you get to be eligible 

Sorry I presumed.ypu claimed uc saying you get the lcwra 

If its esa you.get then you only get the.payment if your esa is income based if its entirely contributions based you won't get.the payment 
  • Xrp2022
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Is it esa or uc 

If its esa you.get then you only get the.payment if your esa is income based if its entirely contributions based you won't get.the payment 
    The LCWRA group is the UC equivalent of the ESA  
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,755 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    But some people on esa won't get the payment even those in support group, unless their esa is income related. Those who only get contribution esa or new style won't get this payment :( 
  • janer1967
    Options
    I'm very aware of that but lots of members dint make it clear and get confused 

I was only asking so I could advise correctly if you would be eligible 

No need to use bold text I can read 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,531 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Xrp2022 said:
    janer1967 said:
    Is it esa or uc 

Yes indeed it is but the question is, which benefit exactly do you claim? Is it UC, New style ESA or Income Related ESA? If it's New style ESA then you will not be entitled to the £650 payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Xrp2022
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    I'm very aware of that but lots of members dint make it clear and get confused 

I was only asking so I could advise correctly if you would be eligible 

No need to use bold text I can read 
    Sorry if you felt offended by the bold text I only copied & pasted from Google sorry again  but thankyou for helping me
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Looking back at your previous threads i see that it's UC you're claiming. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/92216/lcwra-backdated-payment#latest
    This means that you'll be entitled to the first payment of £326 paid anytime between 14th - 31st July.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Xrp2022
    Options
    Xrp2022 said:
    janer1967 said:
    Is it esa or uc 

Yes indeed it is but the question is, which benefit exactly do you claim? Is it UC, New style ESA or Income Related ESA? If it's New style ESA then you will not be entitled to the £650 payment.
    Hello poppy I hope you’re well
    And I receive the lcwra support element Does this mean I will be entitled  to the £326 patent. Made on the 14th of July 2022?
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2022
    Options
    For the avoidance of doubt, it's not called the LCWRA support element. As it's UC you're claiming then it's called the LCWRA element of UC.
    As advised because it's UC you're claiming then yes you will receive the payment.
    It will be paid between 14th -31st July.
  • janer1967
    Options
    Thanks for clarification poppy it would have been so much easier if op just said if it was uc or esa they claimed 

Seems they are still getting confused 
    Support group is for esa claimants and lcwra is for uc 

There is no such thing as lcwra support element.

Just pointing out so other members don't get confused 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Xrp2022 said:.And I receive the lcwra support element Does this mean I will be entitled  to the £326 patent. Made on the 14th of July 2022?
    The LCWRA is irrelevant. You're getting UC, that's all that matters. That qualifies you for the payment.
    Payments will be made from 14th July, not on 14th July.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2022
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Thanks for clarification poppy it would have been so much easier if op just said if it was uc or esa they claimed 

No worries and yes i totally agree.
  • pinklady25
    pinklady25 Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Options
    I got confused because someone else  said they can see on their banking app they are getting a payment tomorrow the first half of the cost of living payment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I got confused because someone else  said they can see on their banking app they are getting a payment tomorrow the first half of the cost of living payment 

Lisa, the first cost of living payment of £326 can be made anytime from 14th - 31st July.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.