Do you have any hobbies? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you have any hobbies?

Options
rish
rish Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
edited June 2022 in Coffee lounge
I have a few but recently I bought a Cricut Maker. I used that to make this card :)

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a couple, gardening and bass guitar. I rarely read books though. 🙂

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Starlingbird
    Starlingbird Community member Posts: 169 Pioneering
    Options
    Wow, that looks great @rish! Very professional :) 
    I love making cards too. I have a Big Shot die cutting machine (not as posh as yours!). I do needle felting, glass cutting, Christmas wreaths and general paper crafts too.
    Do you have any other crafts you enjoy doing?
  • rish
    Options
    leeCal That's very cool. The guitar is on my list to learn one day :)

@starlingbird Thank you :) I did also consider getting the Big Shot machine too, as I love the embossing effect you can create with it. One day I will get one of those too. I did look into needle felting. What kind of things do you make? I have had a go at Crochet, knitting, making amigurami's, making cards, and even painting.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Gardening, reading a bit of DIY when I feel upto it, and I used to love fishing but had to give it up.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Starlingbird
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention gardening too! What type of things does everyone like to grow? 

@rish You sound like an enthusiastic multi-crafter :) I make animals and toadstools lol.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I like growing flowers mostly, gazanias, Californian poppies, Canterbury bells, anything pretty. I especially like freesias for their colour and perfume but I haven’t grown any for years since I don’t have a green house, you can grow them without one but I prefer to breathe in the lovely fragrances in a greenhouse. 

@Starlingbird, animals are great!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Starlingbird
    Options
    Thanks @leeCal :) I bet your garden is beautiful with all those flowers!

Thanks @Teddybear12 :) Sounds like you have some great veg growing there! I'm growing veg this year, with varying degrees of success lol

I have used some naturally-moulted feathers from my hens on the owl. I don't feel I'm very skilled at needle felting, but if you google 'needle felted animals' you will be amazed at what  people can do....some of the animals look real. 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    rish said:
    I have a few but recently I bought a Cricut Maker. I used that to make this card :)

I love this! Are they difficult to use? 
  • rish
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention gardening too! What type of things does everyone like to grow? 

@rish You sound like an enthusiastic multi-crafter :) I make animals and toadstools lol.
    Those are amazing work! :)
  • rish
    Options
    rish said:

I love this! Are they difficult to use? 
    It took me a few days to get the hang of it. I use a software to design the card called Affinity Designer as the designing software it comes with is subscription based and I can't justify the cost.
  • Starlingbird
    Options
    @rish Aww, thank you for your kind comment :)
    You sound more techie than I am! My Big Shot just has a handle to turn, like an old mangle lol.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some great crafts going on here!

I love my garden it's my go to place, i love my tree's hedges, flowers - all sorts i haven't got a green house but i use a plastic pop up one, which works well for me. I grow lots of different herbs, strawberry's, tomatoes, green beans. My grand daughters love the rose petals and make a great mush telling me it's perfume ha ha.

I only do craft and arty stuff with the grand kids.
  • Starlingbird
    Options
    @SueHeath Your garden sounds wonderful! Growing things to eat is so fulfilling. 
    Your story about your granddaughters mushing up the rose petals and calling it perfume made me laugh 😁
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The card looks fantastic @rish

My partner and I had a go at felting recently. They're not quite as good as yours @Starlingbird... :D We had fun though, which is the important thing!

two felted cacti
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Starlingbird
    Options
    @Tori_Scope Oh, they are great! What a fab idea to do cacti too👍
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, it was a kit my mum got for me @Starlingbird :) I'd definitely give it another go, as we were getting the hang of it a bit more by the end. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.